Greg Boyed is leaving TVNZ's evening show Seven Sharp, the state broadcaster says.
Mr Boyed has been a presenter on the programme since it started earlier this year.
TVNZ's Head of News and Current Affairs John Gillespie said Boyed would leave the show at the end of this week.
"Greg has enjoyed his time on Seven Sharp but feels most at home working on Tonight, which is where he will return from the week commencing Monday, September 9," Gillespie said.
"He wants to acknowledge the great team of people he was worked with on the show, in particular, his two colleagues Ali Mau and Jesse Mulligan.
"I respect Greg's decision and understand that this move is the right fit for him."
Seven Sharp will be sticking with a three presenter format and the search for a replacement will start soon, TVNZ says.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Mark Ratcliffe stepping down as Chorus boss: the challenges for his successor
- Government will be forced to intervene in the economy: Kim Campbell
- ComCom seeks court ruling on Harmoney fees
- Chorus full-year profit growth stalls on lower regulated prices
- Kiwibank says it’s not capital constrained as it loses mortgage market share
Most listened to
- Craigs' Mark Lister on the Federal Reserve giving the Reserve Bank a breather
- Parliamentary silly buggers is starting to dominate the activity and effort of John Key’s government says Rob Hosking
- Steve Maharey says the success of online learning will depend on quality – not how it is delivered
- Kiwibank CEO Paul Brock says his bank isn't feeling capital constrained
- In Editor's Insight, Nevil Gibson looks at online learning