Does Labour's Trevor Mallard have the quiet but forceful diplomatic skills to be Speaker?
Well, who knows. But yesterday he showed he can still dish it out on Twitter - although many would say Russel Norman got the better of this exchange, which began with the Green Pary co-leader reminding Mallard it was Labour who signed off on Novopay.
Labour and the Greens might be partners in a future MMP government, but don't look for Trevor and Russel to hold hands any time soon.
Click to enlarge:
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Auckland Unitary Plan recommendations released
- Trustpower loses Supreme Court tax dispute
- Trump’s close financial & political ties with Russia will ultimately hurt him, security expert says
- Auckland leisure centres axe unhealthy drinks from vending machines
- Allied Farmers shares jump 16% on earnings upgrade
Most listened to
- InternetNZ boss's two problems with TPP legislation
- Responsible Investment Association Australasia CEO Simon O’Connor on why responsible investment is here to stay
- Security expert Paul Buchanan on why Trump's glee over the Russian DNC hack could backfire
- Forty years of punitive drug prohibition has failed ‘by any measure’, says Ross Bell – so let’s decriminalise the lot
- With MediaWorks reportedly closing in on a CEO candidate, NBR’s Nick Grant opines on what the role requires