Does Labour's Trevor Mallard have the quiet but forceful diplomatic skills to be Speaker?
Well, who knows. But yesterday he showed he can still dish it out on Twitter - although many would say Russel Norman got the better of this exchange, which began with the Green Pary co-leader reminding Mallard it was Labour who signed off on Novopay.
Labour and the Greens might be partners in a future MMP government, but don't look for Trevor and Russel to hold hands any time soon.
Click to enlarge:
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Brexit: the day after
- Three reasons Brexit won
- MARKET CLOSE: NZ shares dip after Brexit vote; Xero, A2, banks hit hard
- RAW DATA: Patrick Gower interviews former Tony Blair spin doctor Alastair Campbell about the Brexit result
- NZ dollar, swaps tumble as Brexit confounds pollsters; central banks likely to act
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- The kiwi dollar has spiked against the pound in one of the biggest one day currency moves in history. NBR’s Jason Walls breaks down the dollar’s movement
- What Brexit now means for NZ, with NZIER John Ballingall
- Dr Oliver Hartwich says everyone should stay calm and carry on
- Matthew Hooton on making a moral case for social capital