Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
Internet Party Leader Laila Harre will stand in John Key’s Helensville electorate, the Internet Party said in a statement this evening.
Mr Key holds Helensville with a 20,066 majority, making it one of the safest seats in the country.
The Internet Party leaders' strategy is not so much to win the seat as embarrass the PM. She says she wants to debate Mr Key at candidate meetings in his own electorate "away from his army of spin doctors."
“I'll be asking him to explain his Government’s relationship with Hollywood and Sky City. I’ll be asking him to tell us what’s in the TPPA he is negotiating behind closed doors and to open the books on our intelligence relationships,” she says.
Ms Harre is also first on Internet Mana's combined list, putting her in contention to enter Parliament if Mana leader Hone Harawira holds his Te Tai Tokerau electorate.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Dollar heads for 1.7% weekly decline after Reserve Bank rules out rate rises
- 'I guess I'm back to piracy' — Auckland man as HBO NOW follows through on cut-off threat
- Rodney Hide is wrong on climate change
- Lubricant deal slips away as Commerce Commission nixes merger
- Carry on: 250 A320s for EasyJet, lower Changi fees and more