Global food company Heinz Watties is shifting production of sauces, beetroot and some canned meal products from three plants in Australia to its facilities in Hastings.
Production at its Girgarre plant in Victoria, a plant in Brisbane and a plant at Wagga Wagga in New South Wales will move to Hastings.
"While a small number of new positions will be created, the Hastings facilities have the infrastructure to absorb the additional volumes into current operations," chief operating officer Michael Gibson said.
The change, decided after a review of trans-Tasman manufacturing, will be implemented in the next 12 months.
The consolidation of manufacturing was designed to make the company more competitive, the company said.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Sunday Business Episode 26: Air New Zealand CEO Christopher Luxon
- 'Grumpy as hell' Bill Bennett says he'll use a VPN to connect to Chelsea's club channel
- “Cut the cuteness about cannabis reform” - Matthew Hooton
- Rodney Hide thinks Winston Peters will be the future Maori king
- Ethical investment in KiwiSaver - David Cohen vs. Matt Nippert