Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
Hellaby Holdings' [NZX: HBY] board has appointed independent director Steve Smith to take over the chair when John Maasland retires at this year's annual meeting in October.
Smith will take over as chairman at the end of the October meeting, when Maasland formally retires, Hellaby said in a statement. Smith, who joined the Hellaby board in 2008, is a professional director who currently sits on the boards of NZX-listed insurer Tower and privately held construction firm Fulton Hogan, and was previously a partner at accounting firm PwC.
Once Maasland retires, the board will consist of five non-executive directors and the managing director, Hellaby said.
The shares increased 0.4 percent to $2.80 today, and have dropped 14 percent this year.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Renewables menace traditional power model
- 'I guess I'm back to piracy' — Auckland man as HBO NOW follows through on cut-off threat
- Judith Collins backs 'great leader' Helen Clark for top UN job
- Trade first, then talk human rights, with Saudi Arabia — Key
- Ponytail-pulling the opposite of a power-imbalance — Key