Hellaby Holdings' [NZX: HBY] board has appointed independent director Steve Smith to take over the chair when John Maasland retires at this year's annual meeting in October.
Smith will take over as chairman at the end of the October meeting, when Maasland formally retires, Hellaby said in a statement. Smith, who joined the Hellaby board in 2008, is a professional director who currently sits on the boards of NZX-listed insurer Tower and privately held construction firm Fulton Hogan, and was previously a partner at accounting firm PwC.
Once Maasland retires, the board will consist of five non-executive directors and the managing director, Hellaby said.
The shares increased 0.4 percent to $2.80 today, and have dropped 14 percent this year.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- National's 10% poll jump isn't believable - but the party's support does seem to be holding up
- Nevil Gibson's Editor's Insight names those most affected by the phase-out of ETS subsidies
- Restaurant Brands' Ted van Arkel explains why the market is tougher in Australia
- Forsyth Barr's Rob Mercer on the New Zealand sharemarket's departure from fundamentals
- Sunday Business with Andrew Patterson