Sir Michael Hill’s family have increased their majority-stake in the jewellery company he founded, by almost 3%.
Now, Durante Holdings – the intvestment vehicle for interests associated with Sir Michael – holds 52.94% of shares in Michael Hill International (MHI)
Durante paid $10.9 million for an on-market acquisition of close to 10.2 million MHI shares over the last two days.
Michael Hill shares are trading at $1.02 today, having reached an intra-day, and year, high of $1.07.
Durante launched a partial takeover of MHI in January last year, offering 90c a share for 10.03 million MHI shares, increasing its stake to 50.2% from 47.63%.
The offer was declared unconditional on February 28, 2011.
But MHI says it made an “administrative oversight” in not filing a substantial security holder notice to the NZX on completion of the takeover.
In a statement to the NZX today, the retailer says market announcements relating to completion of the takeover, as required under the Takeovers Code, were made.
“At all relevant times, the market was fully informed about the nature and extent of Durante’s control of MHI,” the statement says.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Pumpkin Patch loss widens 71% as sales slide, debt mounts
- New Crimson capital values founder Jamie Beaton's stake at $73m
- Equity crowdfunding site folds in market shake-up
- MARKET CLOSE: NZ shares rise in global rally, index led by Orion Health, Fisher & Paykel
- Brown lauds family and Maori in valedictory speech
Most listened to
- Taryn Hamilton on why you need 1 gig UFB
- ASB economist Daniel Snowden: Businesses only see the kiwi dollar dropping by 4% in 12 months
- ‘If you want to go around telling people how they should think, don’t do it with taxpayer money’ – David Seymour on Susan Devoy
- Craigs' Grant Swanepoel on how he expects Z to reconfigure the Z and Caltex brands
- Cameron Officer details the latest motoring news