An army of fans (20,000 according to police, 100,000 by TV news shows' count) gathered ahead of The Hobbit premiere.
Click on any photo to zoom.
Elijah Wood on the red carpet (via @jeremybank)
Geraldine Burnett and Seeby Woodhouse (via @Seeby).
Prime Minister John Key with the ubiquitous Ms Burnett and Mr Woodhouse (via @Seeby).
Olly Biggins collects his luggage at Wellington Airport.
Early crowds gather at the 500m long red carpet
A Hobbit artisan market along side the red carpet
A closeup of the red carpet the stars and guests will use
A barrel of the Hobbits' finest ale...
Preparing the stage outside the Embassy Theatre
A closeup of the stage outside the Embassy Theatre
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- iPredict decision the work of 'officious aliens' – Crampton
- Whanganui’s Sarjeant Gallery to get multimillion dollar extension
- Joyce associates openly talking about leadership change
- Parent, widow of Pike River casualties fail to force review of decision to drop charges against Whittall
- The Rumble: 2015’s IPO drought
Most listened to
- Tim Hunter on why Veritas is doing it the hard way
- Matthew Hooton on whether Steven Joyce will be the next national leader
- Rodney Hide on why all city planners should be fired
- Nevil Gibson discusses his latest Editor's Insight on films
- The NBR crew throw around some of the week's top stories
- Rob Hosking breaks down the political and economic week that was
- "A tragedy" - David Farrar on his disappointment with Simon Bridges
- New F&P product pipeline exciting, says Macquarie senior investment adviser Brad Gordon
- Taupo Motorsport Park executive director Tony Walker on the park's rebranding
- NZIER senior economist Christina Leung on why she does not think the OCR will hit 2%
- NBR's Cameron Officer talks about the NBR Car of the Year 2015
- John Barnett on Brewer: ‘Boy, has he got a bit to learn’