An army of fans (20,000 according to police, 100,000 by TV news shows' count) gathered ahead of The Hobbit premiere.
Click on any photo to zoom.
Elijah Wood on the red carpet (via @jeremybank)
Geraldine Burnett and Seeby Woodhouse (via @Seeby).
Prime Minister John Key with the ubiquitous Ms Burnett and Mr Woodhouse (via @Seeby).
Olly Biggins collects his luggage at Wellington Airport.
Early crowds gather at the 500m long red carpet
A Hobbit artisan market along side the red carpet
A closeup of the red carpet the stars and guests will use
A barrel of the Hobbits' finest ale...
Preparing the stage outside the Embassy Theatre
A closeup of the stage outside the Embassy Theatre
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Stack to the future: new tech centre marks major NZ data tech play
- Businesses say they can't afford to replace outdated equipment
- Xero is beating Sage’s mainstream product in Britain: Drury
- Vodafone reports landline gains, more profitable mobile mix for NZ operation
- Roy Morgan manager defends *that* poll
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- Matthew Hooton on the China-NZ trade dispute that wasn’t
- “The justice system never troubled itself in the most elementary way to get the facts to decide the case” - Rodney Hide
- Hunter's Corner: Is the ASX taking our best and brightest?
- Cameron Officer on the car of the week: Mercedes-Benz C 300 Coupe