Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
MediaWorks says the popularity of Netflix series House of Cards has driven consumers to 134,500 downloads of its 3NOW catchup service.
The broadcaster has made the whole first season of the US political drama available on its new app since its launch in late February. The app makes MediaWorks TV shows available online via smart phones, tablets and smart TVs.
The show is the No 1 3NOW programme, with more than 110,000 streams to date.
MediaWorks director of interactive, Siobhan McKenna says feedback has been encouraging and users have said the app delivers quality and innovation.
The app's features include extra exclusive video content, social media integration and the ability to manage data consumption.
In contrast TVNZ’s Ondemand app, launched early last year racked up 147,000 downloads in its first month of release.
TVNZ’s is currently working on a rebuild of the app and has recently poached Telecom’s head of voice, messaging and media, Jason Foden to lead the project.
3NOW Top 10 (February 24 - March 9):
1. House of Cards (110,000 streams)
2. Big Brother Australia
3. Jono and Ben at Ten
4. The Blacklist
5. The GC
6. 7 Days
9. Sons of Anarchy
10. 3 News 6pm Bulletin
UPDATED: TVNZ has provided its top ten Ondemand shows for the same period for comparison -its top show Shortland Street racked up 464,879 streams.
1. Shortland Street (464,879 streams)
2. Home And Away (231,105 streams)
3. Coronation Street (105,731 streams)
4. The Bachelor Australia (89,117 streams)
5. Peppa Pig (80,818 streams)
6. Masterchef New Zealand (71,772 streams)
7. The Big Bang Theory (70,746 streams)
8. Step Dave (61,294 streams)
9. Revenge (58,592 streams)
10. Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D (55,903 streams)
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- 'I guess I'm back to piracy' — Auckland man as HBO NOW follows through on cut-off threat
- Dollar heads for 1.7% weekly decline after Reserve Bank rules out rate rises
- Crying wolf as climate change takes a ‘hiatus’
- The Moxie Sessions: Will the last person out of Ohura please turn out the lights (but for the love of God don’t unplug the navigation beacon)
- Rodney Hide is wrong on climate change