What is it that makes Millbrook such a wonderfully desirable place to buy a section right now when much of the rest of the guilt-edged real estate market seems to have caught a nasty disease?
Surely not just because Bill Clinton played there.
But confirmed sales for December saw $8.8 million worth of Millbrook real estate go to what Millbrook executive Ben O'Malley says were keen buyers.
Three sections sold, along with two Millbrook cottages and a luxury "fairway home."
Some were to overseas investors.
Mr O'Malley said the sales were evidence that people are prepared to pay a premium for the quality that Millbrook offers. Some of the sections were "re-sales" where the latest buyer has paid as much as 20% over and above what the previous owner paid. He said the lower exchange rate and lower interest rates had been factors in attracting overseas buyers.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Tim Hunter on why Veritas is doing it the hard way
- Matthew Hooton on whether Steven Joyce will be the next national leader
- Rodney Hide on why all city planners should be fired
- Nevil Gibson discusses his latest Editor's Insight on films
- The NBR crew throw around some of the week's top stories
- Rob Hosking breaks down the political and economic week that was
- "A tragedy" - David Farrar on his disappointment with Simon Bridges
- New F&P product pipeline exciting, says Macquarie senior investment adviser Brad Gordon
- Taupo Motorsport Park executive director Tony Walker on the park's rebranding
- NZIER senior economist Christina Leung on why she does not think the OCR will hit 2%
- NBR's Cameron Officer talks about the NBR Car of the Year 2015
- John Barnett on Brewer: ‘Boy, has he got a bit to learn’