What is it that makes Millbrook such a wonderfully desirable place to buy a section right now when much of the rest of the guilt-edged real estate market seems to have caught a nasty disease?
Surely not just because Bill Clinton played there.
But confirmed sales for December saw $8.8 million worth of Millbrook real estate go to what Millbrook executive Ben O'Malley says were keen buyers.
Three sections sold, along with two Millbrook cottages and a luxury "fairway home."
Some were to overseas investors.
Mr O'Malley said the sales were evidence that people are prepared to pay a premium for the quality that Millbrook offers. Some of the sections were "re-sales" where the latest buyer has paid as much as 20% over and above what the previous owner paid. He said the lower exchange rate and lower interest rates had been factors in attracting overseas buyers.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Still hope for TPP insists trade expert Stephen Jacobi
- NZIER's Christina Leung says increased migration is putting pressure on wages
- NBR’s Jenny Ruth with daily coverage of the Ralec case
- Iraq nears collapse while China doubts its own statistics in Foreign Affairs Scope with Nathan Smith
- Mark Weldon couldn't hack the pressure, says Bill Ralston