InternetNZ has appointed KiwiBlog and NBR blogger David Farrar to its Executive Board.
Mr Farrar joins Chair Paul Swain and directors June McCabe, Miki Szikszai and Judy Speight on the five-person Executive Board, filling the position made vacant by Peter Dengate Thrush who resigned in October 2008.
Mr Farrar has a longstanding association with InternetNZ having served as a Councillor of the Society from 1998 to 2000, and 2001 to 2007. He was Secretary from 2001 to 2003 and held the office of Vice President from 2003 to 2007.
He has been active in numerous InternetNZ committees and working groups, mostly recently holding the Chair of the Public Policy Committee. Mr. Farrar has also been a director of the InternetNZ subsidiary company that runs the registry for the .nz domain names.
“We are very pleased with Mr. Farrar’s appointment,” says Executive Board Chair Paul Swain. “He has broad experience in a wide range of Internet public policy, technical and governance issues and will be an asset to the Board.”
InternetNZ’s Executive Board is responsible for developing policy relating to the Internet
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Sunday Business with Andrew Patterson
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- “The justice system never troubled itself in the most elementary way to get the facts to decide the case” - Rodney Hide
- Hunter's Corner: Is the ASX taking our best and brightest?
- Cameron Officer on the car of the week: Mercedes-Benz C 300 Coupe