Online prediction market iPredict has launched a contract asking punters to bet on whether John Key will give a tacit nod for National Party voters to throw their support behind the Act Party's John Banks in Epsom.
Such a nod would, according to an NBR poll, give Mr Bank's bid to win the seat - and secure parliamentary representation for Act - a substantial boost.
The contract pays out under a variety of subtle and blatant signals from the Prime Minister, including a shared cup of tea between Messrs Key and Banks.
In early trading the iPredict market had odds of 83% for Mr Key to make such an endorsement, and this morning trading pushed the changes to 94%.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Genius move: Live-stream file-sharing chaos will play into Dotcom’s hands
- NZ POLITICS DAILY: Helen Clark’s failing campaign for the UN
- MARKET CLOSE: NZ shares rise, Auckland Airport gains while A2 Milk falls
- Mad Butcher owner flags going concern issue
- Carmel and Hugh Fisher buy palatial clifftop Takapuna home
Most listened to
- No chief of staff leaves one year before an election, says Matthew Hooton
- 'Grumpy as hell' Bill Bennett says he'll use a VPN to connect to Chelsea's club channel
- NZForex's Alex Hill says the market will be paying more attention to data, than comments from officials
- Timely chief executive Ryan Baker on making an unfashionable profit
- NZ King Salmon CEO Grant Rosewarne on his company's float plans