Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
Online prediction market iPredict has launched a contract asking punters to bet on whether John Key will give a tacit nod for National Party voters to throw their support behind the Act Party's John Banks in Epsom.
Such a nod would, according to an NBR poll, give Mr Bank's bid to win the seat - and secure parliamentary representation for Act - a substantial boost.
The contract pays out under a variety of subtle and blatant signals from the Prime Minister, including a shared cup of tea between Messrs Key and Banks.
In early trading the iPredict market had odds of 83% for Mr Key to make such an endorsement, and this morning trading pushed the changes to 94%.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Job Done for winning pitch in Fonterra innovation competition
- MARKET CLOSE: Shares fall; Pacific Edge, Xero, A2 decline
- NZ's earthquake-prone building standard half that of the US - NZSEE
- Snakk founder Derek Handley to leave board, shares fall
- Pressing need for basic infrastructure overtakes Christchurch 'smart city' plan