Nufarm has confirmed that Japanese company Sumitomo Chemical has acquired 20% stake in the company.
Early last month, Nufarm shareholders approved the acquisition of up to 20% of the company at $A14 a share.
Sumitomo’s strongest business focus was in insecticides and fungicides – small market sectors for Nufarm.
In March, Nufarm indicated it would undertake a $A250 million equity capital raising with a renounceable entitlement offer to all sharesholders, following Sumitomo’s offer.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- NBR's Rob Hosking and John Shewan discuss the just released report
- Queenstown mayoral candidate Jim Boult talks up his chances
- Nathan Smith on the unsurprising US Democrat support of the TPP
- Mercer's Garry Adams sees upside in expats' cost of living drop
- What Australia needs now is stability, no more hopping around, says CPA CEO Alex Malley