Nufarm has confirmed that Japanese company Sumitomo Chemical has acquired 20% stake in the company.
Early last month, Nufarm shareholders approved the acquisition of up to 20% of the company at $A14 a share.
Sumitomo’s strongest business focus was in insecticides and fungicides – small market sectors for Nufarm.
In March, Nufarm indicated it would undertake a $A250 million equity capital raising with a renounceable entitlement offer to all sharesholders, following Sumitomo’s offer.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Listen to the week's top business news in NBR Radio's weekend review
- Matthew Hooton discusses Labour's extreme left takeover
- Rodney Hide on how the TPP debate has become a moral argument
- Wick Nixon on how she's saving parents' sanity, one lunchbox at a time
- Tim Hunter talks about the legal dispute between Pyne Gould Corporation and Bath Street Capital