Nufarm has confirmed that Japanese company Sumitomo Chemical has acquired 20% stake in the company.
Early last month, Nufarm shareholders approved the acquisition of up to 20% of the company at $A14 a share.
Sumitomo’s strongest business focus was in insecticides and fungicides – small market sectors for Nufarm.
In March, Nufarm indicated it would undertake a $A250 million equity capital raising with a renounceable entitlement offer to all sharesholders, following Sumitomo’s offer.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Niall Ferguson rips into the TPP - and Trade Minister Todd McClay responds
- Why China is key to Vista's growth: CEO Murray Holdaway
- In his Editor’s Insight, Nevil Gibson examines the role of controversial biotech crops in an industry mega-takeover
- NBR's Rob Hosking "the election campaign has started"
- Publisher Philip Macalister discusses the increasing importance of mortgage brokers to banks