The crew of a Jetstar flight from Melbourne have been held hostage in Shanghai by angry passengers after a delay.
Passengers bailed up the crew and pilot in a section of the arrivals area for six hours and refused to let them leave.
Jetstar told the passengers there would be a delay of their flight to Beijing because of fog.
The cabin manager for the flight and Jetstar ground crew who spoke fluent Mandarin were able to communicate with the passengers and eventually defuse the situation.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Hellaby’s oil & gas services business could deliver this year, says new managing director Alan Clarke
- Hamish McNicol talks about Yoghurt Story
- TrueNet's John Butt on internet speeds
- Snakk Media chief executive Mark Ryan wonders how to "move the needle" on Snakk's share price
- Head-to-head: Federated Farmers director Katie Milne and SAFE executive director Hans kriek debate dairy industry's treatment of bobby calves