The crew of a Jetstar flight from Melbourne have been held hostage in Shanghai by angry passengers after a delay.
Passengers bailed up the crew and pilot in a section of the arrivals area for six hours and refused to let them leave.
Jetstar told the passengers there would be a delay of their flight to Beijing because of fog.
The cabin manager for the flight and Jetstar ground crew who spoke fluent Mandarin were able to communicate with the passengers and eventually defuse the situation.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- NBR RICH LIST 2016: Three decades of wealth - The NBR Rich List turns 30
- Order Paper: Kiwi conservatism and caricatures
- RAW DATA: Patrick Gower interviews former Secretary of Homeland Security Douglas Smith
- Car Torque: Tesla plans commercial vehicle onslaught
- Bob Jones’ right-hand man set to save Labour
Most listened to
- Sunday Business Episode 22: Next Foundation chief executive Bill Kermode
- NBR Radio Rich List Special: Interviews with Rich Listers, philanthropists, property gurus, investors and much, much more
- “Trevor Mallard better watch out” - Matthew Hooton
- Rodney Hide on government spending
- Michael Coote thinks Donald Trump wants to flex his muscles by humiliatingly screwing over other countries