The crew of a Jetstar flight from Melbourne have been held hostage in Shanghai by angry passengers after a delay.
Passengers bailed up the crew and pilot in a section of the arrivals area for six hours and refused to let them leave.
Jetstar told the passengers there would be a delay of their flight to Beijing because of fog.
The cabin manager for the flight and Jetstar ground crew who spoke fluent Mandarin were able to communicate with the passengers and eventually defuse the situation.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- MARKET CLOSE: NZ shares fall as global mood sours further, Air NZ, Sky TV and Xero drop
- NZ tech stocks brace for a rocky few months
- Harmoney, with $30m on hand, wants to be cash-flow neutral before raising new funds
- Milk price rise has economists scratching their heads
- Shelly Bay land deal fails to clear vote hurdle