Telecom IT and telco services division Gen-i has confirmed industry rumour that a round of redundances is underway.
“At Gen-i we are constantly reviewing the way our business operates, to enable growth and to meet the current and future needs of our clients - which is standard business practice," a spokeswoman told NBR.
"We can confirm we are in consultation with a small number of our 2500 staff as part of this ongoing change. However we do not discuss personal employment details at an individual level.”
A definition of "small" was not immediately forthcoming.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- SIR BOB JONES: Brexit was not a mistake
- Tamihere, Seymour clash over failed charter school
- Good news and bad news for Sky TV in Netflix' horror result
- Wikileaks releases 20,000 DNC emails as part of new 'Hillary Leaks' series
- Vodafone reports landline gains, more profitable mobile mix for NZ operation
Most listened to
- Sunday Business with Andrew Patterson
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- “The justice system never troubled itself in the most elementary way to get the facts to decide the case” - Rodney Hide
- Hunter's Corner: Is the ASX taking our best and brightest?
- Cameron Officer on the car of the week: Mercedes-Benz C 300 Coupe