Telecom IT and telco services division Gen-i has confirmed industry rumour that a round of redundances is underway.
“At Gen-i we are constantly reviewing the way our business operates, to enable growth and to meet the current and future needs of our clients - which is standard business practice," a spokeswoman told NBR.
"We can confirm we are in consultation with a small number of our 2500 staff as part of this ongoing change. However we do not discuss personal employment details at an individual level.”
A definition of "small" was not immediately forthcoming.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Air NZ forecasts 85% jump in first-half pretax earnings to $400m
- TPP: Hope turns to delay in Atlanta
- Dunedin launches southern hemisphere's fastest public wi-fi network - and it's free
- NZ POLITICS DAILY: Illusions of a transtasman partnership
- MARKET CLOSE: Shares fall as profit takers enter market; Tower, MRP, Freightways decline