Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
Former MP John Boscawen has been elected president of the ACT Party.
He replaces outgoing president Chris Simmons, who has held the role since 2010.
Mr Simmons nominated Mr Boscawen for the role and he was elected unopposed.
"I don't doubt that the task I am undertaking is a difficult one, but I believe the ACT Party has an important role to play in Parliament," Mr Boscawen says.
He will give his first address as president next month at the party's annual conference at Gibbs Farm, Kaukapakapa, north of Auckland.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Whoa — those crazy crowdsourced designs are all that's on the table for $28m flag consideration project
- Auckland Council's spending needs spotlight shone on it – Fletcher
- Chartered accountants suggest CPA wasn't harmed
- New private equity fund plugs SME funding gap
- China market plunge sends oil prices tumbling