An eerie rumble rolled about Vulcan Lane the other day.
There it is again…
Purse-clutching briefs baulk...
Beaks blanche in long bottoms...
A low grumble works up to a full-blown Harrumph.
“I say, Judge Jock,” bellowed Our Man At The Bar. “Where have you been hiding??? Your round, if I’m not mistaken…”
“Tell me, Your Eminence, what do you make of this sordid business with the Auckland law society and our distinguished mate Colin Taylor???
“Rum do, what???”
“Sixteen years then out he goes, not even a farewell biscuit for good behaviour.”
“Old Collie got the shabby end of the stick, if you ask me.”
“It was all I could do to stop my chambers chums picketing the law society’s luxurious squat… We were up for it until we ran into QC Brian Keene on the front steps.
“It’s true, dear old Brian sprang to CEO Suzie Keppel’s defence, telling Collie in the polite-est of terms to back off or there may be serious implications.”
“I hear Brian even offered Collie a touch of the old “modus vivendi.”
“You don’t mean…???” gasped Judge Jock, instantly recognising Modus Vivendi as a well-known brand of Greek underwear.
“Didn’t John Clark say they were all a bit, you know, funny???”
“That’s quite enough of that sort of talk. Anyway, mine’s a double…”
“Money first,” snapped the landlady.
To see more about what this is all about search for Colin Taylor at NBR ONLINE.
Meanwhile, coming soon with Judge Jock: A Gossip’s History of New Zealand Law, a Pop-Up Guide to Being a Judge, Sexiest QCs to Spend the Night Stroking Silk With, plus why Joe Karam is Tipped to be new Chief Justice.
Footnote: Loosely based on jottings from another time, Judge Jock is testing the NBR ONLINE water, where only the courageous survive...
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Joyce associates openly talking about leadership change
- Parent, widow of Pike River casualties fail to force review of decision to drop charges against Whittall
- Dairy industry must learn to share its toys or get put in the naughty corner
- MARKET CLOSE: Shares rise on A2 bounce back; Tower, Genesis attract investors
- Veritas does it the hard way
Most listened to
- Tim Hunter on why Veritas is doing it the hard way
- Matthew Hooton on whether Steven Joyce will be the next national leader
- Rodney Hide on why all city planners should be fired
- Nevil Gibson discusses his latest Editor's Insight on films
- The NBR crew throw around some of the week's top stories
- Rob Hosking breaks down the political and economic week that was
- "A tragedy" - David Farrar on his disappointment with Simon Bridges
- New F&P product pipeline exciting, says Macquarie senior investment adviser Brad Gordon
- Taupo Motorsport Park executive director Tony Walker on the park's rebranding
- NZIER senior economist Christina Leung on why she does not think the OCR will hit 2%
- NBR's Cameron Officer talks about the NBR Car of the Year 2015
- John Barnett on Brewer: ‘Boy, has he got a bit to learn’