justONE cemented its position as king of direct marketing at the beginning of award season in ad land Friday evening.
The specialist direct agency took out the Grand Prix Trophy for its work for Subway at the reinvented NZ Direct Marketing Awards run by the Marketing Association.
The judges said justONE’s campaign was very clever and generated fantastic and measurable return on investment.
The agency also picked up four gold awards, six silvers, three bronzes and best data craft strategy.
Subway was also honoured with the reinistated Direct Marketeer of the year award which was presented to IPCA director of marketing and technology Jo Reynolds. IPCA is subway’s purchasing company which covers the Asia Pacific region.
Colenso BBDO and Proximity NZ’s V motion campaign proved to be a big winner - taking out the Nexus Supreme award and four gold awards.
The campaign for Frucor featured a machine, which made music using just the body's movement. The judges described the campaign as the future of direct marketing.
The ad was able to increase sales for the beverage by 8% against the same campaign period the year before.
Engagement for the campaign was very high with website visitation up 1000% and total content views exceeding 1.8 million.
Colenso also picked up awards for their work for Mars NZ, for dog food brand Pedigree.
ANZ picked up two gold awards and a bronze for the transition programme implemented when the National Bank brand was scrapped.
ANZ head of marketing Mike Cunnington says the programme involved mailing 73,000 letter variations to 1.2 million customers.
Mr Cunnington says the program had to be delivered in just seven months had overwhelming good feedback and call volumes were below forecasted.
The inaugural Keith Norris Award for organization of the year went to clothing retailer EziBuy.
Big winners by agency:
|Special Awards||Gold||Silver||Bronze||Craft Awards|
|Colenso BBDO||Nexus Supreme||6||1||-||1|
|Proximity NZ||Nexus Supreme||2||2||-||2|
|Barnes, Catmur & friends||2||3||-||3|
|Shirtcliffe & co||1||-||-||-|
|Rapp Tribal DDB||1||1||1||-|
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Sky TV wrong: we will launch a standalone streaming service, beIN boss says
- Mad Butcher-owner flags going concern issue
- Sharemilkers most likely to face 'undue pressure' from banks, survey finds
- Carmel and Hugh Fisher buy palatial clifftop Takapuna home
- Kim Dotcom allowed to live-stream extradition appeal
Most listened to
- No chief of staff leaves one year before an election, says Matthew Hooton
- 'Grumpy as hell' Bill Bennett says he'll use a VPN to connect to Chelsea's club channel
- Timely chief executive Ryan Baker on making an unfashionable profit
- NZ King Salmon CEO Grant Rosewarne on his company's float plans
- Chorus CEO Mark Ratcliffe on improving service levels as demand exceeds expectations