justONE cemented its position as king of direct marketing at the beginning of award season in ad land Friday evening.
The specialist direct agency took out the Grand Prix Trophy for its work for Subway at the reinvented NZ Direct Marketing Awards run by the Marketing Association.
The judges said justONE’s campaign was very clever and generated fantastic and measurable return on investment.
The agency also picked up four gold awards, six silvers, three bronzes and best data craft strategy.
Subway was also honoured with the reinistated Direct Marketeer of the year award which was presented to IPCA director of marketing and technology Jo Reynolds. IPCA is subway’s purchasing company which covers the Asia Pacific region.
Colenso BBDO and Proximity NZ’s V motion campaign proved to be a big winner - taking out the Nexus Supreme award and four gold awards.
The campaign for Frucor featured a machine, which made music using just the body's movement. The judges described the campaign as the future of direct marketing.
The ad was able to increase sales for the beverage by 8% against the same campaign period the year before.
Engagement for the campaign was very high with website visitation up 1000% and total content views exceeding 1.8 million.
Colenso also picked up awards for their work for Mars NZ, for dog food brand Pedigree.
ANZ picked up two gold awards and a bronze for the transition programme implemented when the National Bank brand was scrapped.
ANZ head of marketing Mike Cunnington says the programme involved mailing 73,000 letter variations to 1.2 million customers.
Mr Cunnington says the program had to be delivered in just seven months had overwhelming good feedback and call volumes were below forecasted.
The inaugural Keith Norris Award for organization of the year went to clothing retailer EziBuy.
Big winners by agency:
|Special Awards||Gold||Silver||Bronze||Craft Awards|
|Colenso BBDO||Nexus Supreme||6||1||-||1|
|Proximity NZ||Nexus Supreme||2||2||-||2|
|Barnes, Catmur & friends||2||3||-||3|
|Shirtcliffe & co||1||-||-||-|
|Rapp Tribal DDB||1||1||1||-|
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Tim Hunter on why Veritas is doing it the hard way
- Matthew Hooton on whether Steven Joyce will be the next national leader
- Rodney Hide on why all city planners should be fired
- Nevil Gibson discusses his latest Editor's Insight on films
- The NBR crew throw around some of the week's top stories
- Rob Hosking breaks down the political and economic week that was
- "A tragedy" - David Farrar on his disappointment with Simon Bridges
- New F&P product pipeline exciting, says Macquarie senior investment adviser Brad Gordon
- Taupo Motorsport Park executive director Tony Walker on the park's rebranding
- NZIER senior economist Christina Leung on why she does not think the OCR will hit 2%
- NBR's Cameron Officer talks about the NBR Car of the Year 2015
- John Barnett on Brewer: ‘Boy, has he got a bit to learn’