Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
Labtests has seen its website taken over by a Turkish hacker this morning.
The hacker has plastered messages all over the sites home page, and subsections.
Labtests CEO Don Nicholson told NBR ONLINE he was still gathering information on the scope of the attack, and when it happened (NBR was first alerted by a reader at 6.43am).
The CEO said Labtests.co.nz was purely an information page. It had no direct links to blood test results or other patient data.
Australian-owned Labtests was controversially awarded the Auckland District Health Board (DHB) testing contract in 2009, displacing Diagnostic Medlabs.
Today seems a case of bad timing. When NBR phoned the Labtests head office in Auckland, it was told the IT manager was off sick today.
At 8.45am, Mr Nicholson told NBR Labtests.co.nz would be taken offline shortly.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Bob Jones ejected from Air NZ flight as fellow passengers applaud
- Sir Ralph Norris to step down from Fonterra board in November
- SkyCity CEO says convention centre could be delayed by six months if consents are non-notified
- Financial forecast error plants doubt in potential investors' minds
- McCully handed over $10m for Saudi farm to incentivise FTA