Confusion reported by education leaders in Christchurch arises because of uncertainty about some closure and merger proposals.
The Education Ministry announced yesterday that 13 schools are destined for closure and 18 for mergers.
But the mergers and/or closures in some cases depend on geotechnical reports.
For example, Banks Ave Primary School is destined for closure, according to the information published by the ministry.
But there is also an option of relocation, depending on geotechnical reports.
Similarly, Avonside Girls High School is destined to merge with Christchurch Girls High School, “and operate as a dual shift or merge or close, awaiting geotechnical report”, according to the ministry report.
Others, such as Shirley Boys High and Christchurch Boys High, are similarly treated in the ministry information.
Details and refinements are likely to emerge as consultation with the government gets under way and local aspirations take shape.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- “Cut the cuteness about cannabis reform” - Matthew Hooton
- Rodney Hide thinks Winston Peters will be the future Maori king
- Ethical investment in Kiwisaver - David Cohen vs. Matt Nippert
- Hunter’s Corner: Time for a line in the copyright sand