Former broadcaster Maggie Barry has been selected as the National Party's candidate for the North Shore for the November 26 election.
Currently held by Defence Minister Wayne Mapp, who is retiring at the election, the electorate is a safe National seat.
Ms Barry failed in an attempt to be named National's candidate for the recent Botany by-election.
She said she is looking forward to the opportunity of fighting for the privilege to represent the people of North Shore and would campaign hard, despite the North Shore historically being a strong National seat, and would move into the electorate if elected.
Her entry to politics follows a thirty-year career in broadcasting, best known for her television roles on One News and Maggie’s Garden Show.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Craigs' Mark Lister says Brexit fallout is likely to mean more volatility and a sub-2% OCR
- NBR's Jenny Ruth on a report suggesting electric car uptake will be slow
- Sunday Business with Andrew Patterson: Brexit Special
- Matthew Hooton on making a moral case for social capital
- Dr Oliver Hartwich says everyone should stay calm and carry on