Hone Harawira’s Mana Party could increase its representation in Parliament from one to two MPs at the next election, according to iPredict, Victoria University’s political marketplace.
Mana is in talks with the Internet Party over a possible alliance, which could include a shared list, and shared policies.
The Mana Party appears most likely to retain the Te Tai Tokerau electorate, with 83% probability leader Hone Harawira will win the seat (down from 90% last week), according to iPredict punters.
However, Mana has made significant gains this week in the Waiariki electorate currently held by Maori Party Leader Te Ururoa Flavell. Mr Flavell now has just 52.5% probability of winning the seat, (down from 71% last week), with the Mana Party trailing narrowly with 45% probability.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- Sky TV boss John Fellet on his company's surprising gain in subs, his pending life as number two to Russell Stanners
- Vista’s Brian Cradzow says he was surprised the company’s share price fell 7%
- Hanna Eastvold-Edwins, CEO of oDocs, on her company's success and latest award
- Cameron Officer on this week’s motoring news in Car Torque