Hone Harawira’s Mana Party could increase its representation in Parliament from one to two MPs at the next election, according to iPredict, Victoria University’s political marketplace.
Mana is in talks with the Internet Party over a possible alliance, which could include a shared list, and shared policies.
The Mana Party appears most likely to retain the Te Tai Tokerau electorate, with 83% probability leader Hone Harawira will win the seat (down from 90% last week), according to iPredict punters.
However, Mana has made significant gains this week in the Waiariki electorate currently held by Maori Party Leader Te Ururoa Flavell. Mr Flavell now has just 52.5% probability of winning the seat, (down from 71% last week), with the Mana Party trailing narrowly with 45% probability.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Listen to the week's top business news in NBR Radio's weekend review
- Matthew Hooton discusses Labour's extreme left takeover
- Rodney Hide on how the TPP debate has become a moral argument
- Wick Nixon on how she's saving parents' sanity, one lunchbox at a time
- “The sky’s the limit”: Sam Snead on the appreciation of single malt whiskies