Mango Communications is Qantas' new public relations agency in New Zealand.
A Qantas spokesman said the airline had not used an agency in New Zealand for the past four years but had run PR from its Sydney office. He said late last year the airline decided it needed a New Zealand PR company to promote its services. It had previously used Raynish Group and Haystac, it said.
Mango would handle PR, media relations and events for the airline, it said, working with Qantas teams in Auckland and Sydney.
The spokesman said the contract was initially for one year with the option to extend if all went well.
Qantas regional general manager New Zealand and the Pacific Islands Rohan Garnett said Mango would be a strong partner for the airline in one of its most important markets. He said Qantas operated over 200 flights over the Tasman each week and had a clear focus on the premium market.
"Part of Mango's role will be to help strengthen Qantas' reputation as the leader for transtasman business travel. Mango will also play an important role in publicising Qantas' community activities and and sponsorships in New Zealand."
Mango New Zealand's managing director Claudia Macdonald said the agency was looking forward to partnering with the airline.
The agency joined a global roster of agencies representing the airline, it said.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- Matthew Hooton on the state of the British Labour party under Jeremy Corbyn
- Rodney Hide on the Ombudsman’s investigation into SSC conduct of MFAT leaks inquiry
- David Cohen on how to walk out of a TV interview
- Imperial Tobacco lobbyist insists NZ visit about “contributing expertise,” not pressuring government on plain packaging law