MediaWorks has set a date to launch its The Edge TV offering for Freeview and Sky.
The move coincides with the phaseout of C4 but MediaWorks' Rachel Lorimer says it is not a replacement for it.
The entertainment channel will use existing Edge radio hosts filmed in a new onsite studio.
It will also be available to stream online on computers, mobile and tablet devices.
A TV version of The Edge Fat 40 will run on the weekends hosted by afternoons hosts Guy Williams, Sharyn Casey and Clint Roberts.
Nightshow hosts Marty Hehewerth and Stephanie Monks will count down the top five videos in Hot Right Now.
MediaWorks says more people listen to The Edge, visit the website, mobile App and interact through social media or local teams, than any other radio brand in the country.
Earlier this month MediaWorks announced its other entertainment channel FOUR will get a delayed coverage channel which runs the same content an hour later.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- The Prime Minister’s tendency to behave like the Arthur Daley of NZ politics seems to invite this sort of attack
- Rabobank analyst Emma Higgins explains why America's big cheese eaters are good for NZ
- Chris Keall on Sky TV's perfect storm
- "EQ is equally as important as having a good IQ for a leader" - Craig Atkinson
- University of Otago Centre for Sustainability director Dr Janet Stephenson says the upfront cost of electric vehicles may still deter otherwise keen purchasers