MetService has advised a storm combined with tonight’s king tides is likely to cause localised coastal flooding.
Auckland Civil Defence expects that waves will affect Tamaki Drive and low lying properties may be affected at Kohimarama and Maraetai.
High tide on the east coast is at 10.09pm tonight.
Auckland Transport is advising motorists to watch out for possible surface flooding, particularly along Tamaki Drive.
Cyclists using the shared path along the north western motorway should also be aware some areas could be flooded.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Sky says Roy Morgan's Neon number is too low, reveals On Demand usage
- $100m later, Woosh Wireless goes into voluntary administration
- Bank of China NZ unit funds Chinese-NZ mission to boost trade
- National hasn't got it right on IT skills shortage, Orion boss says
- Christchurch robotics inventor in talks with multi-billion dollar European company
Most listened to
- Can Arvida continue at this pace? CEO Bill McDonald weighs in
- AFT’s Dr Hartley Atkinson says the country will increase overseas revenue but it will be a “drip feed”
- US drone shocks in Pakistan with frightening questions in EgyptAir crash on Foreign Affairs Scope with Nathan Smith
- AMA: Orion boss Ian McCrae delivers 10 quickfire answers to 10 quickfire questions from readers
- Government debt will top out at about 26% of GDP, well below most other countries, says Professor Niall Ferguson