MetService has advised a storm combined with tonight’s king tides is likely to cause localised coastal flooding.
Auckland Civil Defence expects that waves will affect Tamaki Drive and low lying properties may be affected at Kohimarama and Maraetai.
High tide on the east coast is at 10.09pm tonight.
Auckland Transport is advising motorists to watch out for possible surface flooding, particularly along Tamaki Drive.
Cyclists using the shared path along the north western motorway should also be aware some areas could be flooded.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Wynyard announces huge loss but still a going concern say directors
- MARKET CLOSE: NZ shares fall as companies miss lofty expectations; A2, Meridian drop
- Farm seller squeezed for costs after misrepresenting deal to buyer
- Struggling finance firm rewards directors
- OPINION: The ComCom should be able to put behavioural conditions on mergers
Most listened to
- Labour MP Clare Curran says new rules for Netflix and Lightbox are a 'no brainer'
- China launches ‘uncrackable’ satellite while Syria’s regime strengthens on Foreign Affairs Scope with Nathan Smith
- The Commerce Commission should be able to put conditions on mergers, Labour MP Clare Curran says
- Metlifecare's Glen Sowry on why the company pays caregivers more
- John Key says demand for New Zealand as a holiday destination is not even close to drying up