MetService has advised a storm combined with tonight’s king tides is likely to cause localised coastal flooding.
Auckland Civil Defence expects that waves will affect Tamaki Drive and low lying properties may be affected at Kohimarama and Maraetai.
High tide on the east coast is at 10.09pm tonight.
Auckland Transport is advising motorists to watch out for possible surface flooding, particularly along Tamaki Drive.
Cyclists using the shared path along the north western motorway should also be aware some areas could be flooded.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Manukau harbour delivers best cost benefits for a new $4b Auckland port, study group says
- Bayleys fined $2.2m, Success Realty fined $900,000 in first of 13 price-fixing cases
- Stride Property's Investore subsidiary to join NZX 50 after bookbuild
- Fonterra the first of six companies taking Z Energy's new biodiesel
- NZ dollar TWI heads for 1.4% weekly gain as local allure attracts investors
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- Matthew Hooton on the state of the British Labour party under Jeremy Corbyn
- Rodney Hide on the Ombudsman’s investigation into SSC conduct of MFAT leaks inquiry
- David Cohen on how to walk out of a TV interview
- Imperial Tobacco lobbyist insists NZ visit about “contributing expertise,” not pressuring government on plain packaging law