MetService has advised a storm combined with tonight’s king tides is likely to cause localised coastal flooding.
Auckland Civil Defence expects that waves will affect Tamaki Drive and low lying properties may be affected at Kohimarama and Maraetai.
High tide on the east coast is at 10.09pm tonight.
Auckland Transport is advising motorists to watch out for possible surface flooding, particularly along Tamaki Drive.
Cyclists using the shared path along the north western motorway should also be aware some areas could be flooded.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Warminger stood to gain significant bonus, court hears
- Sky will take a gamble and put Westworld, aka 'the next Game of Thrones' on Neon
- 'Real housewife' lawyers up, accuses Devoy of bullying, defamation
- Reckitt Benckiser to plead guilty to misleading ads over Nurofen claims
- Spark says 130,000 Xtra mail address at risk after Yahoo hack
Most listened to
- FMA counsel Justin Smith QC described Mr Warminger’s background and the pressure he was under to perform
- Media Snapchat: NBR’s Nick Grant ponders the Human Rights Commission’s role in RHOAKL racism row
- ASB's Jane Turner discusses what's behind NZ's widest month trade deficit
- Kathmandu's Xavier Simonet and Reuben Casey talk through the retailer's results.
- BNZ's Kymberly Martin and Massey University's David Tripe on mortgage rates.