Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
A bid by Sir Michael Hill’s family for a partial takeover of the company he founded has attracted strong interest from other Michael Hill International shareholders.
Durante Holdings is the holding company for the 47.63% of shares in Michael Hill International (MHI) currently held by interests associated with Mr Hill.
It has offered 90c a share for 10.03 million MHI shares, which would increase its holding to 50.2%.
Durante announced today its partial takeover offer has met all the requirements of the offer and is now unconditional.
The offer, which closes today, had received acceptances for 12,136,499 shares as of this morning at 10.30am.
As a result of acceptances exceeding the number of shares sought, scaling will be undertaken in accordance with the offer document.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Sky TV says programming costs-to-revenue ratio likely to rise in 2016
- New health and safety law likely to be softened on small employers' fears
- New SkyCity convention centre plans get govt tick, await council approval
- 2degrees narrows loss, reveals new customer number
- Final Campbell Live to screen this Friday