Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
Christine Hill is designing a new range of jewellery for Michael Hill International, with a more “ethnic feel.”
A specialist, designer range modelled on Tiffany & Co’s designer lines, it was still in the early stages, she told NBR.
“I’m still working on drawings and working with our team in Australia on the CAD [3-D] models.”
But she promises it will be exciting and different from anything else Michael Hill sells.
“It will be quite organic, with an ethnic feel. I’m still deciding whether it will be pendants, earrings or a mixture of everything.”
The move is a natural progression for Mrs Hill, an artist and former art teacher, besides keeping business in the family.
Michael Hill mentioned the range at the company's annual meeting, which along with his branded perfume out next year would be part of the wider brand that eventually, “no one can touch.”
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- NZ can afford the future cost of superannuation — English
- Vodafone accused of manipulating debt arrangements to avoid New Zealand tax
- BUDGET 2015: How will tax on capital gain impact housing market? English unsure
- The Moxie Sessions: I don’t want your money, honey, I want your block chain database
- Southern Cross Cable: Cut proves resilience of our network