Christine Hill is designing a new range of jewellery for Michael Hill International, with a more “ethnic feel.”
A specialist, designer range modelled on Tiffany & Co’s designer lines, it was still in the early stages, she told NBR.
“I’m still working on drawings and working with our team in Australia on the CAD [3-D] models.”
But she promises it will be exciting and different from anything else Michael Hill sells.
“It will be quite organic, with an ethnic feel. I’m still deciding whether it will be pendants, earrings or a mixture of everything.”
The move is a natural progression for Mrs Hill, an artist and former art teacher, besides keeping business in the family.
Michael Hill mentioned the range at the company's annual meeting, which along with his branded perfume out next year would be part of the wider brand that eventually, “no one can touch.”
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Tech commentator Paul Brislen breaks down the latest telco sector report
- Tony Gibson looks at the opportunities for Ports of Auckland’s new multi-million dollar freight hub
- ASB Bank's CEO Barbara Chapman discusses the mortgage and dairy lending markets
- Green party co-leader James Shaw and Business NZ manager of energy and environment John Carnegie discuss the ETS review - part 2
- Nevil Gibson breaks down the New Hampshire primary result in his latest Editor's Insight