Christine Hill is designing a new range of jewellery for Michael Hill International, with a more “ethnic feel.”
A specialist, designer range modelled on Tiffany & Co’s designer lines, it was still in the early stages, she told NBR.
“I’m still working on drawings and working with our team in Australia on the CAD [3-D] models.”
But she promises it will be exciting and different from anything else Michael Hill sells.
“It will be quite organic, with an ethnic feel. I’m still deciding whether it will be pendants, earrings or a mixture of everything.”
The move is a natural progression for Mrs Hill, an artist and former art teacher, besides keeping business in the family.
Michael Hill mentioned the range at the company's annual meeting, which along with his branded perfume out next year would be part of the wider brand that eventually, “no one can touch.”
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Jason Paris on Lightbox, and avoiding the 'race to the bottom'
- The idea Hilary Barry’s resignation will result in boardroom bloodshed is arrant nonsense, says NBR’s Nick Grant
- The Icehouse’s Andy Hamilton says GIVs should attract American billionaires like Julian Robertson
- Nevil Gibson discusses the spiralling descent of the Venezuelan economy in his latest Editor’s Insight
- Rob Hosking on what to expect from this week's unemployment data