Good news for those who like to get their kit off when in the water – another tilt at the skinny dipping world record is on its way.
The current record of 413 people was made mid-last year in south Wales.
Organisers at the BW Camping Festival in Gisborne are hoping to break the record on December 30.
The camp ground is owned by the Rhythm Group, which also organises the annual Rhythm and Vines Festival.
On December 1, The Edge radio station failed to muster enough nudes to break the record at Mt Maunganui and Sumner.
This time rival Radio Network-owned station ZM is putting on a world record attempt to run alongside the music festival.
Festival organiser Toby Burrows says campers at the event have never been afraid to challenge the norm.
"They’re an enthusiastic group of young New Zealanders who are ready to give anything a go once."
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- FCB picks up challenge of Volkswagen’s advertising account
- The Martian: Blows Gravity and Interstellar out of the water
- MARKET CLOSE: Shares rise, led by A2 after $40m placement; Contact, Meridian, MRP gain
- UPDATED Pact with Nats would make mayor Goff a done deal
- Comment: Co-operative becomes a fiction in Silver Fern Farms deal