Good news for those who like to get their kit off when in the water – another tilt at the skinny dipping world record is on its way.
The current record of 413 people was made mid-last year in south Wales.
Organisers at the BW Camping Festival in Gisborne are hoping to break the record on December 30.
The camp ground is owned by the Rhythm Group, which also organises the annual Rhythm and Vines Festival.
On December 1, The Edge radio station failed to muster enough nudes to break the record at Mt Maunganui and Sumner.
This time rival Radio Network-owned station ZM is putting on a world record attempt to run alongside the music festival.
Festival organiser Toby Burrows says campers at the event have never been afraid to challenge the norm.
"They’re an enthusiastic group of young New Zealanders who are ready to give anything a go once."
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Listen to the week’s top business news on NBR Radio’s week in review
- Matthew Hooton on Winston Peters’ plan to become prime minister
- Tim Hunter asks: Is the government planning to hand control of water to iwi?
- Rob Hosking breaks down the political and economic week that was: Has everyone gone tax mad?
- Rodney Hide on the technological development and economic advance in transport