The 2013/14 register has just been published. Some of the interesting ones:
- One of the gifts to John Banks was a legal opinion!
- David Cunliffe has not revealed the names of the two other donors to the TR Trust that funded his leadership campaign
- Paul Foster-Bell has shares in Mighty River Power (presumably before he was an MP)
- John Key’s most common gift was golf green fees. Also the SAS gave him a framed print.
- Andrew Little and Trevor Mallard had donations from Labour MPs for their legal fees
- Ian McKelvie is the Chairman of Special Olympics NZ
- Craig Foss was given a statue of Azog the Defiler
Political commentator David Farrar posts at Kiwiblog.
RAW DATA: Register of Pecuniary and Other Specified Interests of Members of Parliament: Summary of annual returns as at 31 January 2014 (see the original document on the Parliament website here):
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Dotcom breached asset freeze
- Olympics footage rights a non-issue, says MediaWorks’ McRoberts as he packs for Rio
- NZX milk futures contracts spike on volatility
- Northwest developments ahead of schedule
- Two of Hugh Green's children ask court to overrule High Court, remove their sister from family trust
Most listened to
- Trade Me gets fewer snooping requests from govt agencies – but others report mixed results
- NBR's Jenny Ruth outlines the latest development in legal battles in the human resources world
- ‘I can’t understand what their issue is’ – TV3’s Mike McRoberts on Fairfax, NZME’s Rio Olympics boycott
- National's 10% poll jump isn't believable - but the party's support does seem to be holding up
- Nevil Gibson's Editor's Insight names those most affected by the phase-out of ETS subsidies