The 2013/14 register has just been published. Some of the interesting ones:
- One of the gifts to John Banks was a legal opinion!
- David Cunliffe has not revealed the names of the two other donors to the TR Trust that funded his leadership campaign
- Paul Foster-Bell has shares in Mighty River Power (presumably before he was an MP)
- John Key’s most common gift was golf green fees. Also the SAS gave him a framed print.
- Andrew Little and Trevor Mallard had donations from Labour MPs for their legal fees
- Ian McKelvie is the Chairman of Special Olympics NZ
- Craig Foss was given a statue of Azog the Defiler
Political commentator David Farrar posts at Kiwiblog.
RAW DATA: Register of Pecuniary and Other Specified Interests of Members of Parliament: Summary of annual returns as at 31 January 2014 (see the original document on the Parliament website here):
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Nevil Gibson examines the sceptics' view of the Paris climate change talks
- Matthew Hooton rates Steven Joyce's chances of being next National leader
- NZIER's Kirden Lees and Rob Hosking discuss changing how the Reserve Bank targets interest rates
- Hellaby’s new managing director Alan Clarke says he isn’t expecting a pickup at Number 1 Shoes any time soon