The 2013/14 register has just been published. Some of the interesting ones:
- One of the gifts to John Banks was a legal opinion!
- David Cunliffe has not revealed the names of the two other donors to the TR Trust that funded his leadership campaign
- Paul Foster-Bell has shares in Mighty River Power (presumably before he was an MP)
- John Key’s most common gift was golf green fees. Also the SAS gave him a framed print.
- Andrew Little and Trevor Mallard had donations from Labour MPs for their legal fees
- Ian McKelvie is the Chairman of Special Olympics NZ
- Craig Foss was given a statue of Azog the Defiler
Political commentator David Farrar posts at Kiwiblog.
RAW DATA: Register of Pecuniary and Other Specified Interests of Members of Parliament: Summary of annual returns as at 31 January 2014 (see the original document on the Parliament website here):
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Still hope for TPP insists trade expert Stephen Jacobi
- NZIER's Christina Leung says increased migration is putting pressure on wages
- NBR’s Jenny Ruth with daily coverage of the Ralec case
- Iraq nears collapse while China doubts its own statistics in Foreign Affairs Scope with Nathan Smith
- Mark Weldon couldn't hack the pressure, says Bill Ralston