UPDATE: Labour has also just released its first TV ad. Scroll down for video.
National has released its first television ad for the election, featuring a rowing race as a metaphor for National keeping the economy going while Labour, the Greens and the Internet Party flounder about.
Commentators have noted that National's early advertising played it safe by keeping John Key as its poster boy on its hoardings.
But the new ad, which doesn't include a single politician, signals a step away from the strategy.
The video has received criticism that the music is similar to that of Eminem's Lose Yourself. However, National campaign chairman Steven Joyce denied any association with Eminem, according to Stuff.
National keeps its advertising partners confidential, with campaign manager Jo de Joux telling NBR: "We work with independent contractors, a number of whom we have worked with in the past."
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- NBR Radio Rich List Special: Interviews with Rich Listers, philanthropists, property gurus, investors and much, much more
- “Trevor Mallard better watch out” - Matthew Hooton
- Rodney Hide on government spending
- Michael Coote thinks Donald Trump wants to flex his muscles by humiliatingly screwing over other countries