Former Auckland city councillor Paul Goldsmith has been selected as the National Party candidate for Epsom for the November 26 election.
His candidacy follows a background in local government as a former Auckland city councillor (2007-2010) where he advocated for lower rates and safer communities.
He will stand against his former boss, John Banks, who will run in Epsom for Act. Mr Goldsmith wrote Mr Banks' biography in 1997 and Act leader Don Brash's in 2005.
A father of four, Mr Goldsmith is aged 40 and lives in the electorate with his family.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Listen to the week's top business news in NBR Radio's weekend review
- Matthew Hooton discusses Labour's extreme left takeover
- Rodney Hide on how the TPP debate has become a moral argument
- Wick Nixon on how she's saving parents' sanity, one lunchbox at a time
- Tim Hunter talks about the legal dispute between Pyne Gould Corporation and Bath Street Capital