Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
Former Auckland city councillor Paul Goldsmith has been selected as the National Party candidate for Epsom for the November 26 election.
His candidacy follows a background in local government as a former Auckland city councillor (2007-2010) where he advocated for lower rates and safer communities.
He will stand against his former boss, John Banks, who will run in Epsom for Act. Mr Goldsmith wrote Mr Banks' biography in 1997 and Act leader Don Brash's in 2005.
A father of four, Mr Goldsmith is aged 40 and lives in the electorate with his family.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Briscoe issues a take-it-or-leave-it statement to Kathmandu shareholders
- MARKET CLOSE: Shares fall; Pacific Edge, Xero, A2 decline
- LGFA bonds lure foreign investors seeking liquid, highly-rated alternative to NZ government debt
- FX trader Jin Yuan Finance warned over anti-money laundering controls
- Dollar gains vs. AUD after weaker GDP, dairy prices rise