Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
Former Auckland city councillor Paul Goldsmith has been selected as the National Party candidate for Epsom for the November 26 election.
His candidacy follows a background in local government as a former Auckland city councillor (2007-2010) where he advocated for lower rates and safer communities.
He will stand against his former boss, John Banks, who will run in Epsom for Act. Mr Goldsmith wrote Mr Banks' biography in 1997 and Act leader Don Brash's in 2005.
A father of four, Mr Goldsmith is aged 40 and lives in the electorate with his family.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Bob Jones ejected from Air NZ flight as fellow passengers applaud
- Sir Ralph Norris to step down from Fonterra board in November
- Financial forecast error plants doubt in potential investors' minds
- Dollar rises with Fonterra 2016 forecast due tomorrow
- McCully handed over $10m for Saudi farm to incentivise FTA