The governing National Party will campaign for re-election for just four weeks before polling day, Sept 20.
As well as holding the election earlier than usual, the campaign is at the short end of the norm, with five to six weeks campaigns more common.
The party will launch its campaign in Auckland on Sunday, Aug 24, the party advised today.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Tech commentator Paul Brislen breaks down the latest telco sector report
- NBR reporter Tim Hunter discusses Intueri's problems
- NZ ambassador to Turkey Jonathan Curr talks about improving Turkish - NZ relations
- Hamish McNicol discusses Masala Restaurants and Kim Dotcom in this week's Court Report
- Conflict controversies, increased sports rights competition and MIA IPOs: Chelsea Armitage and Nick Grant on NZ media