The governing National Party will campaign for re-election for just four weeks before polling day, Sept 20.
As well as holding the election earlier than usual, the campaign is at the short end of the norm, with five to six weeks campaigns more common.
The party will launch its campaign in Auckland on Sunday, Aug 24, the party advised today.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Mark Weldon couldn't hack the pressure, says Bill Ralston
- TEU’s Sandra Grey and NZ Initiative's Oliver Hartwich on whether the UoA should be a funder or member of the NZ Initiative
- Capital Economics's Paul Dales says the RBA and the RBNZ are in very similar positions
- ANZ Bank CEO David Hisco on the forces behind his bank's profit and margin slide
- Houzz's Jason Chuck says there was plenty of demand in New Zealand for Houzz