Cecilia Tarrant has joined the board of the country’s largest listed company - Fletcher Building - as an independent director.
Chairman Ralph Waters announced the appointment, saying she brings an “important legal and financial focus to board considerations with her extensive international investment banking experience.”
Ms Tarrant is an Executive-in-Residence at The University of Auckland Business School with more than 20 years' experience in international banking and finance in the USA and Europe. She has worked as a real estate finance lawyer and as an investment banker with Credit Suisse First Boston and Morgan Stanley, culminating in holding the position of managing director in Morgan Stanley's Global Capital Markets Group in London.
Ms Tarrant has a Bachelor of Arts and Laws Degrees from the University of Auckland, and a Masters Degree in Law from the University of California, at Berkeley. She is admitted as a lawyer to both the New Zealand Bar and the Californian Bar.
She is a trustee of The University of Auckland Foundation and a director of the Government Superannuation Fund Authority.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- National's 10% poll jump isn't believable - but the party's support does seem to be holding up
- Nevil Gibson's Editor's Insight names those most affected by the phase-out of ETS subsidies
- Restaurant Brands' Ted van Arkel explains why the market is tougher in Australia
- Forsyth Barr's Rob Mercer on the New Zealand sharemarket's departure from fundamentals
- Sunday Business with Andrew Patterson