Senior journalist Lisa Owen will ditch TVNZ and join TV3 this year to be host of The Nation.
MediaWorks says Ms Owen will also file stories for 3 News.
TV3 director of news and current affairs Mark Jennings says Ms Owen is one of the country’s top journalists and is “straight shooting and hardworking.”
Ms Owen hosted Agenda for TVNZ and did a stint as the One News European correspondent.
Torben Akel, who was a reporter for The Nation when it was being produced by Front Page, will stay with the show.
Radio NZ's Nicola Kean* will also join The Nation team this year.
The Nation, which received $899,250 in New Zealand On Air funding for 2014, had been producted by production company Front Page was moved in house by MediaWorks.
The current affairs show begins its 2014 season this weekend with political coverage from Patrick Gower and Simon Shepherd.
* This story has been updated from an earlier version which incorrectly stated Elle Hunt was joining The Nation.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Labour MP Clare Curran says new rules for Netflix and Lightbox are a 'no brainer'
- China launches ‘uncrackable’ satellite while Syria’s regime strengthens on Foreign Affairs Scope with Nathan Smith
- The Commerce Commission should be able to put conditions on mergers, Labour MP Clare Curran says
- Metlifecare's Glen Sowry on why the company pays caregivers more
- John Key says demand for New Zealand as a holiday destination is not even close to drying up