Mike DelPrete is joining listed online auction side Trade Me as its new strategy manager.
He is coming from New York, where he has most recently been chief executive of Agora Games, a technology business that builds software for online gaming communities. He has also been acting as an advisor to start-up companies. He is an experienced entrepreneur, including founding Agora Games in 2005, which he then sold to New York City-based Major League Gaming Inc in 2009.
Trade Me chief executive Jon Macdonald said Mr DelPrete will have have responsibility for "developing a pipeline of new interesting ventures for us to consider, as well as coordinating Trade Me’s overall corporate strategy".
He starts at Trade Me immediately.
Trade Me shares [NZX:TME] were flat at $2.89 in late morning trading.
The company listed at $2.70 on December 13.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- NBR Rich List 2015: The Newcomers
- NBR Rich List 2015: Wealth creators shine brightly amid economic prosperity
- Many buildings unlawfully designated earthquake-prone: EBSS
- The curious case of Peter Scutts, $1000-a-day contractors irk Fonterra staff, TPP would be a NZ triumph
- Editor's Insight: Student loan crackdown pays off but real cost keeps mounting