Mike DelPrete is joining listed online auction side Trade Me as its new strategy manager.
He is coming from New York, where he has most recently been chief executive of Agora Games, a technology business that builds software for online gaming communities. He has also been acting as an advisor to start-up companies. He is an experienced entrepreneur, including founding Agora Games in 2005, which he then sold to New York City-based Major League Gaming Inc in 2009.
Trade Me chief executive Jon Macdonald said Mr DelPrete will have have responsibility for "developing a pipeline of new interesting ventures for us to consider, as well as coordinating Trade Me’s overall corporate strategy".
He starts at Trade Me immediately.
Trade Me shares [NZX:TME] were flat at $2.89 in late morning trading.
The company listed at $2.70 on December 13.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Sunday Business with Andrew Patterson featuring David Skilling, Bernard Hickey, more
- Matthew Hooton on Labour party’s reaction to the budget 2016
- Rodney Hide says the attack by University of Auckland over overfishing is nonsense
- Do social bonds make sense? Tim Hunter tells Andrew Patterson it’s not just about the warm fuzzies
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson