Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
Mike DelPrete is joining listed online auction side Trade Me as its new strategy manager.
He is coming from New York, where he has most recently been chief executive of Agora Games, a technology business that builds software for online gaming communities. He has also been acting as an advisor to start-up companies. He is an experienced entrepreneur, including founding Agora Games in 2005, which he then sold to New York City-based Major League Gaming Inc in 2009.
Trade Me chief executive Jon Macdonald said Mr DelPrete will have have responsibility for "developing a pipeline of new interesting ventures for us to consider, as well as coordinating Trade Me’s overall corporate strategy".
He starts at Trade Me immediately.
Trade Me shares [NZX:TME] were flat at $2.89 in late morning trading.
The company listed at $2.70 on December 13.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- NZX milk powder futures point to fifth successive decline in looming GDT auction
- Chinese firm to buy another dairy farm group for $43m
- New electricity retailer offers naked power
- New govt website lets you upload your own flag design — and it's immediately hijacked by naysayers
- MARKET CLOSE: Stocks rise, ANZ, Fletcher gain