Mike DelPrete is joining listed online auction side Trade Me as its new strategy manager.
He is coming from New York, where he has most recently been chief executive of Agora Games, a technology business that builds software for online gaming communities. He has also been acting as an advisor to start-up companies. He is an experienced entrepreneur, including founding Agora Games in 2005, which he then sold to New York City-based Major League Gaming Inc in 2009.
Trade Me chief executive Jon Macdonald said Mr DelPrete will have have responsibility for "developing a pipeline of new interesting ventures for us to consider, as well as coordinating Trade Me’s overall corporate strategy".
He starts at Trade Me immediately.
Trade Me shares [NZX:TME] were flat at $2.89 in late morning trading.
The company listed at $2.70 on December 13.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Listen to the week’s top business news on NBR Radio’s week in review
- Matthew Hooton on Winston Peters’ plan to become prime minister
- Tim Hunter asks: Is the government planning to hand control of water to iwi?
- Rob Hosking breaks down the political and economic week that was: Has everyone gone tax mad?
- Rodney Hide on the technological development and economic advance in transport