At a sustainable vehicle conference in Wellington, Shell appeared as Nissan’s weapon of choice when advertising electric vehicle charging in NZ.
Under the heading ‘Field test of solar panel, storage, quick charge’, the yellow and red stripe blazed strong, yet Private Bin was unaware of any such trial on NZ shores.
A spokesman for new brand owners Greenstone Energy confirmed that the Shell visibility was a happy marketing coincidence, and that the provision of quick solar charging for electric cars was not on the company’s immediate agenda.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Sunday Business Episode 22: Next Foundation chief executive Bill Kermode
- NBR Radio Rich List Special: Interviews with Rich Listers, philanthropists, property gurus, investors and much, much more
- “Trevor Mallard better watch out” - Matthew Hooton
- Mark Lister on Fonterra's surprise payout
- Michael Coote thinks Donald Trump wants to flex his muscles by humiliatingly screwing over other countries