Ice cream company New Zealand Natural continues to expand into new export markets despite the volatile NZ dollar.
The natural ice cream maker, which manufactures all of its products in New Zealand, entered its 23rd country by opening its first outlet in Abu Dhabi.
Diane Foreman’s empire last week also bagged the Export Award at the Westpac New Zealand Franchise Awards.
Ms Foreman said being 100% manufactured in New Zealand means the company is “very volatile” to aspects of international trade and the judges had commented on its effective systems and handling of ingredient prices, currency fluctuations and transportation costs.
“They were particularly complimentary about New Zealand Natural’s strong focus on core operational disciplines, commenting that it was an impressive overall submission.”
The former New Zealand Entrepreneur of the Year said research and development is central to the business, which runs its own laboratory.
Last month the company won the French SIAL D'Or Award for its rice sushi inspired ice cream ‘Sooshi’.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Sunday Business with Andrew Patterson
- Listen to the week’s top business news on NBR Radio’s week in review
- Tim Hunter asks: Is the government planning to hand control of water to iwi?
- Matthew Hooton on Winston Peters’ plan to become prime minister
- Rodney Hide on the technological development and economic advance in transport