Trading on the New Zealand stock exchange has been delayed by a "system issue", market operator NZX said in a one-sentence statement.
The announcement was made on the NZX website at 9:55am - five minutes before trading as due to begin. It later said trading will begin at 10:15am.
"NZX advises that due to system issues, the start of trading will be delayed this morning until further notice," it said.
That marks the first outage since Aug. 16, when NZX suspended trading following a 6.2 magnitude earthquake that rocked Wellington.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Listen to the week's top business news in NBR Radio's weekend review
- Matthew Hooton discusses Labour's extreme left takeover
- Rodney Hide on how the TPP debate has become a moral argument
- Wick Nixon on how she's saving parents' sanity, one lunchbox at a time
- Tim Hunter talks about the legal dispute between Pyne Gould Corporation and Bath Street Capital