New Zealand Trade & Enterprise has appointed Special Group as its lead ad agency after a pitch.
NZTE marketing director Nick Swallow says the process was run under the new all of government ad services contract.
“We were looking for an agency partner with a strong strategic capability and creative response and the ability to understand what we’re trying to achieve,
“Special demonstrated all three in its pitch.”
Mr Swallow says while Special will work on the New Zealand International Business Awards in New Zealand, its focus will be on international promotion, such as food promotion around Asia.
He says NZTE also works with design & production agency Hawkins & Co.
Special Group managing partner Michael Redwood says helping Kiwi business around the world is inspiring for the agency as it is also a New Zealand entrepreneur.
NZTE already has brand assets developed as part of the “NZ Story” project - a collaboration between NZTE, Tourism NZ and Education NZ. Mr Swallow was acting director of that project.
Some $3 million of funding has gone to "NZ Story" already and has an indicative annual budget for the next financial year of $2.3 million, funded from several government agencies.
That work was done by Assignment Group after initial concepts by Australian branding agency Principals.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Google tax: Spark boss Simon Moutter says everything's above board with Southern Cross' use of tax-haven Bermuda
- Diversity advocate Adriana Gascoigne says companies with women on their boards are worth more
- The Brexit Special Edition of Foreign Affairs Scope with Nathan Smith
- In his Editor's Insight Nevil Gibson sees the worst Brexit fears realised
- The Australians doing it better? Chapman Tripp partner Roger Wallis explains