Stock market operator NZX has named Amelia Wong as head of Cash Markets, effective from December 10.
Ms Wong is currently an equities analyst at boutique fund manager Mint Asset Management and has worked at firms including Morgan Stanley, Barclays Capital and Sanford C Bernstein.
NZX announced it would appoint someone to the new role in June.
Ms Wong will work alongside the company's head of Derivatives in Auckland. NZX has created a new Markets Services group, responsible for regulated market operations and customer service.
Ms Wong will be "the key relationship manager for NZX's cash markets, market participants, fund managers and issuers", NZX says.
"She will also support the development of a pipeline of new issuers, and the launch of new equity market initiatives. "
Shares of NZX fell 0.8% to $1.24 today and have climbed 29% this year.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Gareth Morgan wades into Awaroa beach
- Housing NZ directors get 63% pay hike
- Showdown at the ETS corral - part one
- PayPal ‘on shaky ground’ as it pulls service from second Netflix unblocker popular with Kiwis
- Auckland Council, James Hardie appeal ruling on leaky building claim made beyond 10-year limit
Most listened to
- Green party co-leader James Shaw and Business NZ's John Carnegie go head-to-head on the ETS review
- Cream Trading CEO Kevin O'Sullivan on why dairy companies might want to sign up to the new trading platform
- Paul Brislen on the merits of "cutting off the money" versus Netflix' technical attempts to shut-out unblockers
- Westpac's Dominick Stephens says dairy prices are still a major concern, despite El Niño fears fading
- London School of Economics Professor John Kay discusses financial regulatory shortcomings