Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
Stock market operator NZX has named Amelia Wong as head of Cash Markets, effective from December 10.
Ms Wong is currently an equities analyst at boutique fund manager Mint Asset Management and has worked at firms including Morgan Stanley, Barclays Capital and Sanford C Bernstein.
NZX announced it would appoint someone to the new role in June.
Ms Wong will work alongside the company's head of Derivatives in Auckland. NZX has created a new Markets Services group, responsible for regulated market operations and customer service.
Ms Wong will be "the key relationship manager for NZX's cash markets, market participants, fund managers and issuers", NZX says.
"She will also support the development of a pipeline of new issuers, and the launch of new equity market initiatives. "
Shares of NZX fell 0.8% to $1.24 today and have climbed 29% this year.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- OIO judges Dotcom ‘good character’ – despite hacking, insider trading, reckless driving
- RAW DATA: Lisa Owen interviews a British foreign fighter
- 'We've never seen a competitor in any category behave in this manner' — MYOB on Xero man's outburst
- Orion CFO Rodney Hyde to leave after company reports earnings in May
- RAW DATA: Patrick Gower interviews Winston Peters