Stock market operator NZX has named Amelia Wong as head of Cash Markets, effective from December 10.
Ms Wong is currently an equities analyst at boutique fund manager Mint Asset Management and has worked at firms including Morgan Stanley, Barclays Capital and Sanford C Bernstein.
NZX announced it would appoint someone to the new role in June.
Ms Wong will work alongside the company's head of Derivatives in Auckland. NZX has created a new Markets Services group, responsible for regulated market operations and customer service.
Ms Wong will be "the key relationship manager for NZX's cash markets, market participants, fund managers and issuers", NZX says.
"She will also support the development of a pipeline of new issuers, and the launch of new equity market initiatives. "
Shares of NZX fell 0.8% to $1.24 today and have climbed 29% this year.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Queenstown mayoral candidate Jim Boult talks up his chances
- Nathan Smith on the US Democrats opposing agenda to the Trans-Pacific Partnership
- Mercer's Garry Adams sees upside in expats' cost of living drop
- What Australia needs now is stability, no more hopping around, says CPA CEO Alex Malley
- The challenge for the conservative side of politics is to recapture the focus on national identity