Stock market operator NZX has named Amelia Wong as head of Cash Markets, effective from December 10.
Ms Wong is currently an equities analyst at boutique fund manager Mint Asset Management and has worked at firms including Morgan Stanley, Barclays Capital and Sanford C Bernstein.
NZX announced it would appoint someone to the new role in June.
Ms Wong will work alongside the company's head of Derivatives in Auckland. NZX has created a new Markets Services group, responsible for regulated market operations and customer service.
Ms Wong will be "the key relationship manager for NZX's cash markets, market participants, fund managers and issuers", NZX says.
"She will also support the development of a pipeline of new issuers, and the launch of new equity market initiatives. "
Shares of NZX fell 0.8% to $1.24 today and have climbed 29% this year.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- TPP allows for a tax on foreign buyers — Groser
- Helen Kelly says she's taken cannabis oil — and wants the govt to make it legal for cancer suffers
- The Martian: Blows Gravity and Interstellar out of the water
- Eroad gives tough lesson on IPO pricing and risks
- MARKET CLOSE: Shares rise, led by A2 after $40m placement; Contact, Meridian, MRP gain