Stock market operator NZX has named Amelia Wong as head of Cash Markets, effective from December 10.
Ms Wong is currently an equities analyst at boutique fund manager Mint Asset Management and has worked at firms including Morgan Stanley, Barclays Capital and Sanford C Bernstein.
NZX announced it would appoint someone to the new role in June.
Ms Wong will work alongside the company's head of Derivatives in Auckland. NZX has created a new Markets Services group, responsible for regulated market operations and customer service.
Ms Wong will be "the key relationship manager for NZX's cash markets, market participants, fund managers and issuers", NZX says.
"She will also support the development of a pipeline of new issuers, and the launch of new equity market initiatives. "
Shares of NZX fell 0.8% to $1.24 today and have climbed 29% this year.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- NBR Radio Rich List Special: Interviews with Rich Listers, philanthropists, property gurus, investors and much, much more
- Buckley Systems CFO Julie Perry on her company's plan to double revenue. Again.
- Loan Market's Bruce Patten on why banks aren't keen on apartments especially tiny ones
- Marker Metro's Keith Patton says he wants the company to retain its "recipe for success" after being acquired
- Xero's British managing director Gary Turner on his company going toe-to-toe with Sage