Stock market operator NZX has named Amelia Wong as head of Cash Markets, effective from December 10.
Ms Wong is currently an equities analyst at boutique fund manager Mint Asset Management and has worked at firms including Morgan Stanley, Barclays Capital and Sanford C Bernstein.
NZX announced it would appoint someone to the new role in June.
Ms Wong will work alongside the company's head of Derivatives in Auckland. NZX has created a new Markets Services group, responsible for regulated market operations and customer service.
Ms Wong will be "the key relationship manager for NZX's cash markets, market participants, fund managers and issuers", NZX says.
"She will also support the development of a pipeline of new issuers, and the launch of new equity market initiatives. "
Shares of NZX fell 0.8% to $1.24 today and have climbed 29% this year.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Auckland mayoral aspirant has called out the Living Wage Movement on its decision to curtail free speech at a debate
- EU/US free-trade deal talks have hit yet another snag. NBR's Jason Walls explains why on Wall's Street
- Loyalty NZ and Air NZ aren't as aligned as they were six years ago, Stephen England-Hall says
- ‘I understand their need to modify their business plans – but,’ says Sky TV’s John Fellet on taking Fairfax NZ to court
- Apple vs EU: the US govt accusation Brussels is now “a supranational tax authority” says Rob Hosking