Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
NZX, the stock exchange operator, has agreed to sell its online news unit NewsRoom to Sublime Group for an undisclosed sum, after undertaking a strategic review of options for the business.
The sale will take effect from the end of the month and won't have a material impact on NZX's results or financial position, the Wellington-based company said in a statement. NZX bought NewsRoom in 2007 for $1.18 million, and started reviewing the unit's future with the stock market operator last year.
Auckland-based Sublime automates manual workflows to reduce the cost of doing business, according to its website. It counts Craig Pellett and Cowan Pettigrew as its biggest shareholders.
NZX shares were unchanged at $1.26 today.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- HSBC economist says no housing bubble in Auckland
- Mitac folds Navman Technology NZ assets into Australian affiliate
- Alex Swney pleads guilty to a further $2.5 million fraud
- Snag for Lightbox, Quickflix as Google pulls support for their video format
- Callaghan seeks repayment of Trends Publishing grant