Trading on the NZX has been halted for 20 minutes due to a system error.
The stock market operator advised at 10:55 am that trading would halt across all boards and reopen again at 11:15 am.
"All NZX Markets have been halted due to trading system messaging issues. A restart to the message gateway will be completed and the market reopened once participant connectivity has
been confirmed," NZX Client and Market Services said in an announcement to the market.
Yesterday evening the market closed at 5:45pm, 15 minutes later than normal, after a glitch in its trading platform software, X-stream, a broker told BusinessDesk.
Trading has resumed at 10:20am
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- MARKET CLOSE: NZ shares fall as global mood sours further, Air NZ, Sky TV and Xero drop
- NZ tech stocks brace for a rocky few months
- Harmoney, with $30m on hand, wants to be cash-flow neutral before raising new funds
- Shelly Bay land deal fails to clear vote hurdle
- Milk price rise has economists scratching their heads