Detective Inspector Dave Lynch of Counties Manukau Police has confirmed that, following a complaint from Whale Oil blogger Cameron Slater, an investigation is under way that will be conducted “in accordance with standard procedure.”
Mr Lynch declined to say what the complaint is about because it’s an active investigation.
Mr Slater, however, has told NBR ONLINE that the complaint relates to the “hacking of my email and social media accounts, along with the DoS attack against my webserver.”
Information gleaned from the hacking forms the centrepiece of Nicky Hager’s recently released book Dirty Politics.
Meanwhile, Mr Slater says he’s currently “in the process of recruiting journalists, sub-editors and support staff” for the news website that will run parallel to his Whale Oil blog.
Beyond that, Mr Slater won’t discuss his plans for the site, which NBR understands is meant to launch before the election and is bankrolled by former Kim Dotcom supporter Tony Lentino
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Jason Paris on Lightbox, and avoiding the 'race to the bottom'
- The idea Hilary Barry’s resignation will result in boardroom bloodshed is arrant nonsense, says NBR’s Nick Grant
- The Icehouse’s Andy Hamilton says GIVs should attract American billionaires like Julian Robertson
- Nevil Gibson discusses the spiralling descent of the Venezuelan economy in his latest Editor’s Insight
- Rob Hosking on what to expect from this week's unemployment data