Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
Detective Inspector Dave Lynch of Counties Manukau Police has confirmed that, following a complaint from Whale Oil blogger Cameron Slater, an investigation is under way that will be conducted “in accordance with standard procedure.”
Mr Lynch declined to say what the complaint is about because it’s an active investigation.
Mr Slater, however, has told NBR ONLINE that the complaint relates to the “hacking of my email and social media accounts, along with the DoS attack against my webserver.”
Information gleaned from the hacking forms the centrepiece of Nicky Hager’s recently released book Dirty Politics.
Meanwhile, Mr Slater says he’s currently “in the process of recruiting journalists, sub-editors and support staff” for the news website that will run parallel to his Whale Oil blog.
Beyond that, Mr Slater won’t discuss his plans for the site, which NBR understands is meant to launch before the election and is bankrolled by former Kim Dotcom supporter Tony Lentino
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Bob Jones ejected from Air NZ flight as fellow passengers applaud
- Sir Ralph Norris to step down from Fonterra board in November
- Financial forecast error plants doubt in potential investors' minds
- MARKET CLOSE: Shares fall, led by Metro Glass; Spark, Fletcher sold in offshore exodus
- Government seeks $1b saving by making Puhoi-Warkworth Highway a PPP