Major Hollywood movie studios already get enough concessions and more tax breaks are not needed, according to NBR ONLINE readers.
Prime Minister John Key recently travelled to Los Angeles to meet Hollywood studio executives.
In a poll conducted by NBR ONLINE last week, readers were asked: Should the government raise the 15% cashback grant used to lure major film productions to New Zealand?
Thirty-three percent said yes, while 67% disagreed.
Mr Key has said bringing large Hollywood to productions here creates jobs for New Zealanders.
However, it has been revealed many of those positions are filled by overseas film workers.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Week in Review: a wrap of NBR Radio's top stories, interviews and analysis
- Matthew Hooton: Little leaves centre wide open for Peters and Greens
- ASB's Kim Mundy and Realestate.co.nz's Vanessa Taylor on the latest housing statistics
- Rob Hosking: Winston’s hour is coming
- Hunter's Corner: High stakes for both sides of Warminger case