Major Hollywood movie studios already get enough concessions and more tax breaks are not needed, according to NBR ONLINE readers.
Prime Minister John Key recently travelled to Los Angeles to meet Hollywood studio executives.
In a poll conducted by NBR ONLINE last week, readers were asked: Should the government raise the 15% cashback grant used to lure major film productions to New Zealand?
Thirty-three percent said yes, while 67% disagreed.
Mr Key has said bringing large Hollywood to productions here creates jobs for New Zealanders.
However, it has been revealed many of those positions are filled by overseas film workers.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Listen to the week's top business news in NBR Radio's weekend review
- Matthew Hooton discusses Labour's extreme left takeover
- Rodney Hide on how the TPP debate has become a moral argument
- Wick Nixon on how she's saving parents' sanity, one lunchbox at a time
- “The sky’s the limit”: Sam Snead on the appreciation of single malt whiskies