Major Hollywood movie studios already get enough concessions and more tax breaks are not needed, according to NBR ONLINE readers.
Prime Minister John Key recently travelled to Los Angeles to meet Hollywood studio executives.
In a poll conducted by NBR ONLINE last week, readers were asked: Should the government raise the 15% cashback grant used to lure major film productions to New Zealand?
Thirty-three percent said yes, while 67% disagreed.
Mr Key has said bringing large Hollywood to productions here creates jobs for New Zealanders.
However, it has been revealed many of those positions are filled by overseas film workers.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Michael Wigley replies to the “veteran lawyer” dissing submissions to the Commerce Commission opposing the merger
- Ebos CEO Patrick Davies on what acquisitions the company is looking for
- MYOB CEO on share prices, escrow and subscriber growth
- In his Editor’s Insight, Nevil Gibson suggests a new job for Helen Clark after her UN failure
- Privacy Commissioner John Edwards on Dominos drone delivery challenges