Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
NBR ONLINE readers believe increasing the land supply and making resource consents easier is the key to bringing rising house prices under control.
Last week the government issued a response to the Productivity Commissioner's earlier assessment that housing can be made more affordable.
In a poll conducted on NBR ONLINE last week, readers were asked: What should the government do about rising house prices?
- Nothing. Let the market run its course (26%).
- Introduce a capital gains tax (17%).
- Increase subsidies for home buyers (2%).
- Increase the land supply/make resource consents easier (55%).
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- If John Key were a 'pretty little thing’
- RAW DATA: Residential property withholding tax proposed for offshore sellers
- How Revenue Minister McClay will tax foreign property investors
- Fishpond fined $50K for selling illegal Garmin dog tracking device
- BNZ grows worried about 'near-recession' as Key talks economy up