Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
NBR ONLINE readers believe increasing the land supply and making resource consents easier is the key to bringing rising house prices under control.
Last week the government issued a response to the Productivity Commissioner's earlier assessment that housing can be made more affordable.
In a poll conducted on NBR ONLINE last week, readers were asked: What should the government do about rising house prices?
- Nothing. Let the market run its course (26%).
- Introduce a capital gains tax (17%).
- Increase subsidies for home buyers (2%).
- Increase the land supply/make resource consents easier (55%).
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Whoa — those crazy crowdsourced designs are all that's on the table for $28m flag consideration project
- Auckland Council's spending needs spotlight shone on it – Fletcher
- New private equity fund plugs SME funding gap
- Chartered accountants suggest CPA wasn't harmed
- China market plunge sends oil prices tumbling