Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
NBR ONLINE readers believe increasing the land supply and making resource consents easier is the key to bringing rising house prices under control.
Last week the government issued a response to the Productivity Commissioner's earlier assessment that housing can be made more affordable.
In a poll conducted on NBR ONLINE last week, readers were asked: What should the government do about rising house prices?
- Nothing. Let the market run its course (26%).
- Introduce a capital gains tax (17%).
- Increase subsidies for home buyers (2%).
- Increase the land supply/make resource consents easier (55%).
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Vista reassess whether to increase 2014 goodwill value
- OPINION: The first rule of SAS is: you do not talk about SAS
- Govt resisting pressure to inject more cash into Solid Energy
- 'We've never seen a competitor in any category behave in this manner' — MYOB on Xero man's outburst
- MasterCard, Visa pressure sees PayPal stop servicing payments for Mega