NBR ONLINE readers believe increasing the land supply and making resource consents easier is the key to bringing rising house prices under control.
Last week the government issued a response to the Productivity Commissioner's earlier assessment that housing can be made more affordable.
In a poll conducted on NBR ONLINE last week, readers were asked: What should the government do about rising house prices?
- Nothing. Let the market run its course (26%).
- Introduce a capital gains tax (17%).
- Increase subsidies for home buyers (2%).
- Increase the land supply/make resource consents easier (55%).
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Nevil Gibson discusses his latest Editor's Insight on regional development
- AFT Pharmaceuticals founder Dr Hartley Atkinson talks about why he's going public
- Nevil Gibson breaks down the Air New Zealand Wine Awards
- Political commentator Bryce Edwards on police censorship
- SBS Bank's push for growth is profitable, says chief financial officer Tim Loan
- NBR's Cameron Officer talks about the NBR Car of the Year 2015