NBR ONLINE readers believe increasing the land supply and making resource consents easier is the key to bringing rising house prices under control.
Last week the government issued a response to the Productivity Commissioner's earlier assessment that housing can be made more affordable.
In a poll conducted on NBR ONLINE last week, readers were asked: What should the government do about rising house prices?
- Nothing. Let the market run its course (26%).
- Introduce a capital gains tax (17%).
- Increase subsidies for home buyers (2%).
- Increase the land supply/make resource consents easier (55%).
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- Sky TV boss John Fellet on his company's surprising gain in subs, his pending life as number two to Russell Stanners
- Vista’s Brian Cradzow says he was surprised the company’s share price fell 7%
- Hanna Eastvold-Edwins, CEO of oDocs, on her company's success and latest award
- Cameron Officer on this week’s motoring news in Car Torque