All public holidays should be "Mondayised" if they fall on a weekend, according to NBR ONLINE subscribers.
In a poll conducted between January 7 and 13, subscribers were asked: Should public holidays be "Mondayised?"
Seventy-one percent of respondents said yes, while 29% disagreed.
The Holidays (Full Recognition of Waitangi Day & Anzac Day) Amendment Bill is due for its second reading this year.
It proposes to "Mondayise" Waitangi and Anzac days, meaning if either falls on a Saturday or Sunday the public holiday will be treated as falling on the following Monday.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Loss of Premier League rights reveals limit to Spark's on-demand video ambition
- Behold Fanpass, Sky's streaming video service that actually works – and today it's free
- Blame the architects for the building my company is about to destroy
- Awaroa owner's debt stoush raises crowdfunding profile
- NZ tech stocks brace for a rocky few months
Most listened to
- Sir Bob Jones on the state of New Zealand architecture
- ForBarr analyst Blair Galpin on the Premier League development - and the future of sports broadcasting as technology shifts
- Macquarie's Brad Gordon on Michael Hill's "very good" results
- Nevil Gibson on whether we've seen the end of El Nino in his latest Editor's Insight
- RNZ chief executive Paul Thompson on what it means to be included in the commercial radio survey