Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
All public holidays should be "Mondayised" if they fall on a weekend, according to NBR ONLINE subscribers.
In a poll conducted between January 7 and 13, subscribers were asked: Should public holidays be "Mondayised?"
Seventy-one percent of respondents said yes, while 29% disagreed.
The Holidays (Full Recognition of Waitangi Day & Anzac Day) Amendment Bill is due for its second reading this year.
It proposes to "Mondayise" Waitangi and Anzac days, meaning if either falls on a Saturday or Sunday the public holiday will be treated as falling on the following Monday.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- 'We've never seen a competitor in any category behave in this manner' — MYOB on Xero man's outburst
- Key, Aussies at odds with Abbott over time-limit on Iraq mission
- RAW DATA: Lisa Owen interviews a British foreign fighter
- Does a conference centre need a casino?
- RAW DATA: Patrick Gower interviews Winston Peters