All public holidays should be "Mondayised" if they fall on a weekend, according to NBR ONLINE subscribers.
In a poll conducted between January 7 and 13, subscribers were asked: Should public holidays be "Mondayised?"
Seventy-one percent of respondents said yes, while 29% disagreed.
The Holidays (Full Recognition of Waitangi Day & Anzac Day) Amendment Bill is due for its second reading this year.
It proposes to "Mondayise" Waitangi and Anzac days, meaning if either falls on a Saturday or Sunday the public holiday will be treated as falling on the following Monday.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Taryn Hamilton on why you need 1 gig UFB
- ASB economist Daniel Snowden: Businesses only see the kiwi dollar dropping by 4% in 12 months
- ‘If you want to go around telling people how they should think, don’t do it with taxpayer money’ – David Seymour on Susan Devoy
- Craigs' Grant Swanepoel on how he expects Z to reconfigure the Z and Caltex brands
- Cameron Officer details the latest motoring news