NBR ONLINE readers are overwhelmingly in favour of retaining a constitutional monarchy in New Zealand.
Prompted by lasts week's visit by Prince Charles and his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, readers were asked in a poll: Should New Zealand become a republic?
Sixty-six percent said no, while 34% answered yes.
When the Royal couple arrived in New Zealand last week, some took the opportunity to express disdain at this country's allegiance to the monarchy.
However, Prince Charles and Camilla were well-received by the majority of those they encountered last week, suggesting most people still hold the Royal family in high esteem.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- NBR Radio Rich List Special: Interviews with Rich Listers, philanthropists, property gurus, investors and much, much more
- “An RBA interest rate cut is pretty much a done deal,” says Capital Economic's Paul Dales
- Japan’s Prime Minister Shinzō Abe opens the floodgates to more stimulus. Join NBR's Jason Walls as he explains why
- Despite a few howls of protest, land economics expert Adam Thompson rates the Auckland Unitary Plan
- Hamish McNicol discusses the Serious Fraud Office’s warning to companies about employee fraud