NBR ONLINE readers are overwhelmingly in favour of retaining a constitutional monarchy in New Zealand.
Prompted by lasts week's visit by Prince Charles and his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, readers were asked in a poll: Should New Zealand become a republic?
Sixty-six percent said no, while 34% answered yes.
When the Royal couple arrived in New Zealand last week, some took the opportunity to express disdain at this country's allegiance to the monarchy.
However, Prince Charles and Camilla were well-received by the majority of those they encountered last week, suggesting most people still hold the Royal family in high esteem.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Listen to the week’s top business news on NBR Radio’s week in review
- Matthew Hooton on Winston Peters’ plan to become prime minister
- Tim Hunter asks: Is the government planning to hand control of water to iwi?
- Rob Hosking breaks down the political and economic week that was: Has everyone gone tax mad?
- Rodney Hide on the technological development and economic advance in transport