Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
NBR ONLINE readers are overwhelmingly in favour of retaining a constitutional monarchy in New Zealand.
Prompted by lasts week's visit by Prince Charles and his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, readers were asked in a poll: Should New Zealand become a republic?
Sixty-six percent said no, while 34% answered yes.
When the Royal couple arrived in New Zealand last week, some took the opportunity to express disdain at this country's allegiance to the monarchy.
However, Prince Charles and Camilla were well-received by the majority of those they encountered last week, suggesting most people still hold the Royal family in high esteem.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- 'I guess I'm back to piracy' — Auckland man as HBO NOW follows through on cut-off threat
- Crying wolf as climate change takes a ‘hiatus’
- Judith Collins backs 'great leader' Helen Clark for top UN job
- Rodney Hide is wrong on climate change
- The Moxie Sessions: Will the last person out of Ohura please turn out the lights (but for the love of God don’t unplug the navigation beacon)