Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
NBR ONLINE readers are overwhelmingly in favour of retaining a constitutional monarchy in New Zealand.
Prompted by lasts week's visit by Prince Charles and his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, readers were asked in a poll: Should New Zealand become a republic?
Sixty-six percent said no, while 34% answered yes.
When the Royal couple arrived in New Zealand last week, some took the opportunity to express disdain at this country's allegiance to the monarchy.
However, Prince Charles and Camilla were well-received by the majority of those they encountered last week, suggesting most people still hold the Royal family in high esteem.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Global Mode: MyRepublic throws in the towel
- Tax might not be as lucrative as government thinks
- Shears and Mac owes about $16 million, liquidators say
- Netflix billing foul-up sees NZ customers charged multiple times in same month
- SkyCity lifts minimum convention centre investment to $430m, says total cost could reach $470m