Labour MPs should keep David Shearer as the party's leader, according to NBR ONLINE readers.
In a poll conducted last week, readers were asked: Who should Labour vote for in the party's February leadership contest?
- David Shearer (32%)
- David Cunliffe (28%)
- John Tamihere (21%)
- Jacinda Ardern (14%)
- David Parker (4%)
- Grant Robertson (1%)
- Andrew Little (1%)
Mr Shearer retained the support of the party last month when it voted to keep him on as leader, but his rival Mr Cunliffe has not ruled out a leadership challenge in February.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- NZ struggling to commercialise good innovation, Israeli entrepreneur says
- MARKET CLOSE: NZ shares rise; Fletcher at highest in 2016, Auckland Airport heavily traded
- New Labour-Greens deal falls short of coalition
- Fonterra winds up $109m staff pension scheme inherited from NZ Dairy Board
- National Party breaks budget lockup rules
Most listened to
- In his Editor’s Insight, Nevil Gibson reveals New Zealand has moved up one place world competitiveness
- Political Editor Rob Hosking on the Labour Greens Cuddle up
- G3 CEO Mark Brightwell on the mail company's expansion plans
- In his Editor’s Insight, Nevil Gibson says the economics and politics of Argentina in the 1950s make interesting parallels with today
- Partners Life founder Naomi Ballantyne tells NBR Radio what Blackstone's investment means for the company's IPO plan