Labour MPs should keep David Shearer as the party's leader, according to NBR ONLINE readers.
In a poll conducted last week, readers were asked: Who should Labour vote for in the party's February leadership contest?
- David Shearer (32%)
- David Cunliffe (28%)
- John Tamihere (21%)
- Jacinda Ardern (14%)
- David Parker (4%)
- Grant Robertson (1%)
- Andrew Little (1%)
Mr Shearer retained the support of the party last month when it voted to keep him on as leader, but his rival Mr Cunliffe has not ruled out a leadership challenge in February.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Government ditches private partner to build Christchurch Convention Centre alone
- Former fraudster's 'missing' £14 million
- Editor's Insight: Brexit bites as investors, pensioners lose trillions
- Fonterra’s new Aussie boss faces some tough hurdles
- Slater to take sabbatical from blog site – ‘like Andrew Sullivan’
Most listened to
- Google tax: Spark boss Simon Moutter says everything's above board with Southern Cross' use of tax-haven Bermuda
- Diversity advocate Adriana Gascoigne says companies with women on their boards are worth more
- The Brexit Special Edition of Foreign Affairs Scope with Nathan Smith
- In his Editor's Insight Nevil Gibson sees the worst Brexit fears realised
- The Australians doing it better? Chapman Tripp partner Roger Wallis explains