NBR ONLINE subscribers favour "Mr Sensible", Peter Dunne, to be Parliament's next speaker.
Speaker Lockwood Smith leaves to become High Commissioner in London later this year, but his replacement is yet to be confirmed.
In a poll conducted last week, subscribers were asked who should be speaker.
Revenue minister and United Future leader Peter Dunne got 34% of the vote, followed by Maurice Williamson (25%), David Carter (19%), Tau Henare (16%) and Anne Tolley (6%).
Mr Henare has already said he would be interested in the job if it was offered to him.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Can Arvida continue at this pace? CEO Bill McDonald weighs in
- AFT’s Dr Hartley Atkinson says the country will increase overseas revenue but it will be a “drip feed”
- US drone shocks in Pakistan with frightening questions in EgyptAir crash on Foreign Affairs Scope with Nathan Smith
- AMA: Orion boss Ian McCrae delivers 10 quickfire answers to 10 quickfire questions from readers
- Government debt will top out at about 26% of GDP, well below most other countries, says Professor Niall Ferguson