NBR ONLINE subscribers favour "Mr Sensible", Peter Dunne, to be Parliament's next speaker.
Speaker Lockwood Smith leaves to become High Commissioner in London later this year, but his replacement is yet to be confirmed.
In a poll conducted last week, subscribers were asked who should be speaker.
Revenue minister and United Future leader Peter Dunne got 34% of the vote, followed by Maurice Williamson (25%), David Carter (19%), Tau Henare (16%) and Anne Tolley (6%).
Mr Henare has already said he would be interested in the job if it was offered to him.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Listen to the week's top business news in NBR Radio's weekend review
- Matthew Hooton discusses Labour's extreme left takeover
- Rodney Hide on how the TPP debate has become a moral argument
- Wick Nixon on how she's saving parents' sanity, one lunchbox at a time
- “The sky’s the limit”: Sam Snead on the appreciation of single malt whiskies