Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
NBR ONLINE subscribers favour "Mr Sensible", Peter Dunne, to be Parliament's next speaker.
Speaker Lockwood Smith leaves to become High Commissioner in London later this year, but his replacement is yet to be confirmed.
In a poll conducted last week, subscribers were asked who should be speaker.
Revenue minister and United Future leader Peter Dunne got 34% of the vote, followed by Maurice Williamson (25%), David Carter (19%), Tau Henare (16%) and Anne Tolley (6%).
Mr Henare has already said he would be interested in the job if it was offered to him.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Greens scream, Tech Liberty raises practical concerns as Customs asks for right to demand passwords
- Bankrupt suing Brendan Horan no show in court
- Air NZ's monopoly grip starts to slide
- 4G Fight: telcos full of hot air, customers don’t care
- Snowden docs show extent of NZ spying on South Pacific nations