NBR ONLINE subscribers favour "Mr Sensible", Peter Dunne, to be Parliament's next speaker.
Speaker Lockwood Smith leaves to become High Commissioner in London later this year, but his replacement is yet to be confirmed.
In a poll conducted last week, subscribers were asked who should be speaker.
Revenue minister and United Future leader Peter Dunne got 34% of the vote, followed by Maurice Williamson (25%), David Carter (19%), Tau Henare (16%) and Anne Tolley (6%).
Mr Henare has already said he would be interested in the job if it was offered to him.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- The Martian: Blows Gravity and Interstellar out of the water
- Helen Kelly says she's taken cannabis oil — and wants the govt to make it legal for cancer suffers
- TPP allows for a tax on foreign buyers — Groser
- Comment: Co-operative becomes a fiction in Silver Fern Farms deal
- Labour lurches to the extreme left over TPP