BUSINESSDESK: Embattled Ports of Auckland has named Patrick Snedden to replace director Rob Campbell, who quit in March in a dispute over strategy.
Mr Snedden is a veteran of community and government entity boards, previously serving on the boards of Auckland District Health Board and Housing New Zealand.
The immediate appointment was announced by Auckland Council Investments, which manages Auckland Council’s business subsidiaries.
Ports of Auckland has been involved in a long-running dispute with the Maritime Union over the contracting out of labour.
Mr Snedden has a publishing background and runs Snedden Publishing and Management Consultants in the city.
He also has experience with Maori relations, having worked with Ngata Whatua on treaty settlements.
ACIL chief executive Gary Swift says Mr Snedden's experience on the Housing New Zealand and Auckland District Health boards made him an ideal board prospect.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
Most listened to
- Sunday Business with Andrew Patterson
- Business Week in Review with Grant Walker & Andrew Patterson
- “The justice system never troubled itself in the most elementary way to get the facts to decide the case” - Rodney Hide
- Hunter's Corner: Is the ASX taking our best and brightest?
- Cameron Officer on the car of the week: Mercedes-Benz C 300 Coupe