Power is back on in Tauranga after a widespread outage this afternoon, affecting many parts of the Bay of Plenty and South Waikato.
Lines company Powerco says power has been restored to Tauranga and Mount Maunganui, although there are still outages in Welcome Bay, Matamata and Tokoroa.
Power is expected to be restored to those areas by 5:30pm.
The outage was due to a fault on the national grid which occurred shortly after 2pm.
EARLIER: There is a widespread power outage in Tauranga this afternoon.
According to lines company Powerco, it is affecting central Tauranga, Mt Maunganui and other parts of the Bay of Plenty.
It is also affecting the South Waikato, including Tokoroa.
Powerco expects the fault to be fixed by 4pm.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- IRD IT programme to lead to loss of about 1000 jobs
- The Budget in 60 seconds: 10 key points
- Budget 2016: Itches scratched but saving the calamine lotion for election year
- Joyce flags extra $410.5m for science research
- Christchurch robotics inventor in talks with multi-billion dollar European company
Most listened to
- NBR's veteran budget reporter Rob Hosking breaks down the key points
- AUT professor John Tookey says the government is far behind the curve when it comes to housing and Auckland transport
- BNZ's Craig Ebert on the Budget 2016 forecasts
- Grant Thornton's Greg Thompson on the Budget tax measures and the focus on debt repayment
- EY's David Snell says IRD's IT overhaul will be at the cost of about 1,000 jobs