Power is back on in Tauranga after a widespread outage this afternoon, affecting many parts of the Bay of Plenty and South Waikato.
Lines company Powerco says power has been restored to Tauranga and Mount Maunganui, although there are still outages in Welcome Bay, Matamata and Tokoroa.
Power is expected to be restored to those areas by 5:30pm.
The outage was due to a fault on the national grid which occurred shortly after 2pm.
EARLIER: There is a widespread power outage in Tauranga this afternoon.
According to lines company Powerco, it is affecting central Tauranga, Mt Maunganui and other parts of the Bay of Plenty.
It is also affecting the South Waikato, including Tokoroa.
Powerco expects the fault to be fixed by 4pm.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Big Food backs changes to s.36 of Commerce Act to curtail power of big supermarkets
- Companies Office rejects NZ First complaint over Silver Fern deal
- Light rail the winner in latest Auckland Transport turnaround
- New data series shows 5.2% of NZ households owe more than they own
- CBL attracts new business on back of the Brexit
Most listened to
- BNZ's Jason Wong says the movements in the currency market last week were some of the biggest in history
- CBL's Peter Harris on uncertain times in the UK insurance industry
- Govt performing an awkward political U-turn on foreign trusts. Rob Hosking with John Shewan and John Key
- Trade Minister Todd McClay says plans for an FTA with the EU will not be hindered by the Brexit
- Oxford University academic Malcolm McCulloch predicts the imminent death of the internal combustion engine