Free audio stream, including stories that are padlocked on our site. Listen on any device, anywhere. Updated twice daily. The audio stream takes several seconds to start on Android devices.Launch Radio player
Power is back on in Tauranga after a widespread outage this afternoon, affecting many parts of the Bay of Plenty and South Waikato.
Lines company Powerco says power has been restored to Tauranga and Mount Maunganui, although there are still outages in Welcome Bay, Matamata and Tokoroa.
Power is expected to be restored to those areas by 5:30pm.
The outage was due to a fault on the national grid which occurred shortly after 2pm.
EARLIER: There is a widespread power outage in Tauranga this afternoon.
According to lines company Powerco, it is affecting central Tauranga, Mt Maunganui and other parts of the Bay of Plenty.
It is also affecting the South Waikato, including Tokoroa.
Powerco expects the fault to be fixed by 4pm.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- NZ can afford the future cost of superannuation — English
- Vodafone accused of manipulating debt arrangements to avoid New Zealand tax
- BUDGET 2015: How will tax on capital gain impact housing market? English unsure
- BUDGET 2015: Robertson says Labour will reverse key policies
- Flying sheep endanger McCully