Power is back on in Tauranga after a widespread outage this afternoon, affecting many parts of the Bay of Plenty and South Waikato.
Lines company Powerco says power has been restored to Tauranga and Mount Maunganui, although there are still outages in Welcome Bay, Matamata and Tokoroa.
Power is expected to be restored to those areas by 5:30pm.
The outage was due to a fault on the national grid which occurred shortly after 2pm.
EARLIER: There is a widespread power outage in Tauranga this afternoon.
According to lines company Powerco, it is affecting central Tauranga, Mt Maunganui and other parts of the Bay of Plenty.
It is also affecting the South Waikato, including Tokoroa.
Powerco expects the fault to be fixed by 4pm.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- iPredict decision the work of 'officious aliens' – Crampton
- Scentre Group to sell three Westfield malls to NZ firms for $549m
- Joyce associates openly talking about leadership change
- Parent, widow of Pike River casualties fail to force review of decision to drop charges against Whittall
- Bank picks lower home loan rates in 2016
Most listened to
- Tim Hunter on why Veritas is doing it the hard way
- Matthew Hooton on whether Steven Joyce will be the next national leader
- Rodney Hide on why all city planners should be fired
- Nevil Gibson discusses his latest Editor's Insight on films
- The NBR crew throw around some of the week's top stories
- Rob Hosking breaks down the political and economic week that was
- "A tragedy" - David Farrar on his disappointment with Simon Bridges
- New F&P product pipeline exciting, says Macquarie senior investment adviser Brad Gordon
- Taupo Motorsport Park executive director Tony Walker on the park's rebranding
- NZIER senior economist Christina Leung on why she does not think the OCR will hit 2%
- NBR's Cameron Officer talks about the NBR Car of the Year 2015
- John Barnett on Brewer: ‘Boy, has he got a bit to learn’