Power is back on in Tauranga after a widespread outage this afternoon, affecting many parts of the Bay of Plenty and South Waikato.
Lines company Powerco says power has been restored to Tauranga and Mount Maunganui, although there are still outages in Welcome Bay, Matamata and Tokoroa.
Power is expected to be restored to those areas by 5:30pm.
The outage was due to a fault on the national grid which occurred shortly after 2pm.
EARLIER: There is a widespread power outage in Tauranga this afternoon.
According to lines company Powerco, it is affecting central Tauranga, Mt Maunganui and other parts of the Bay of Plenty.
It is also affecting the South Waikato, including Tokoroa.
Powerco expects the fault to be fixed by 4pm.
This article is tagged with the following keywords. Find out more about MyNBR Tags
- Spark says 130,000 Xtra mail address at risk after Yahoo hack
- Sky will take a gamble and put Westworld, aka 'the next Game of Thrones' on Neon
- Warminger stood to gain significant bonus, court hears
- Where polls stand on the eve of the first US presidential debate
- 'Real housewife' lawyers up, accuses Devoy of bullying, defamation
Most listened to
- FMA counsel Justin Smith QC described Mr Warminger’s background and the pressure he was under to perform
- Media Snapchat: NBR’s Nick Grant ponders the Human Rights Commission’s role in RHOAKL racism row
- ASB's Jane Turner discusses what's behind NZ's widest month trade deficit
- Kathmandu's Xavier Simonet and Reuben Casey talk through the retailer's results.
- BNZ's Kymberly Martin and Massey University's David Tripe on mortgage rates.